Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Snorkel Delete
Thread: Snorkel Delete
View Single Post
Old 10-13-2018, 02:06 AM   #2218
novus
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 107022
What I Drive: '12 Tuxedo Black Focus SEL

Points 2,020, Level 27
Points: 2,020, Level: 27 Points: 2,020, Level: 27 Points: 2,020, Level: 27
Level Up 14% Completed
Level up: 14% Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Forum Activity 2%
Activity: 2% Activity: 2% Activity: 2%
FF Reputation: 6 novus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sftwengnr View Post
I was wondering if these mods will work on a 2014 5 sp SE?
I have the RS airbox on my focus as well.
I was wondering what will be the impact on the throttle response for a car in the Denver area which is at 5280 ft above see level?

thanks

bob
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonMaiden View Post
Too much flow through the engine at this altitude might actually slow you down a bit up here and push torque higher up in the rpms and we need all the torque we can get the 2900lbs moving if you really want to see a real world diff.

IMO save your money or buy a turbo ST if you want to defeat the altitude a bit.
I'm at 5,000ft-6,000ft ASL and I don't have too many issues with low end torque. Just ensure you're using 91 instead of 85.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anshulrouthu View Post
I tried the setup you are describing on my 2013 focus SE 5 spd manual, and did not like it.

I had first deleted the snorkel and dropin AEM filter with stock airbox, observed noticeable improvement in throttle response and low end pickup.

After a few hundred miles I added full rs airbox setup, increased the sound of intake (only above 3-4k rpm) and also observed drone at about 2~2.5K rpm while cruising in city traffic. Did not improve the performance, slightly reduced it, ambient temperature was around 100F and IAT's were 120+ around that time, I was heat soaking, so I went back to just snorkel delete + dropin AEM with stock airbox.

I am planning on 63mm throttle body upgrade and RAM air snorkel (3D printed)

Anshul
63mm, stock airbox, snorkel, and airbox resonator delete works perfect.
Hatch Nation #118