Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Snorkel Delete
Thread: Snorkel Delete
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2018, 12:44 PM   #2217
anshulrouthu
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 405313
What I Drive: 2013 Focus SE, 5 Speed

Points 107, Level 2
Points: 107, Level: 2 Points: 107, Level: 2 Points: 107, Level: 2
Level Up 14% Completed
Level up: 14% Level up: 14% Level up: 14%
Forum Activity 24%
Activity: 24% Activity: 24% Activity: 24%
FF Reputation: 1 anshulrouthu Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nipplediddy! View Post
New focus owner here, I have read through the thread and am still unsure if the delete would benefit the setup that I have planned. I have ordered an RS airbox and Cobb open ended filter. Once installed would the additional openness of the filter and box combo negate the benefit of deleting the snorkel? Trying to get some advice from owners with a similar setup.
I tried the setup you are describing on my 2013 focus SE 5 spd manual, and did not like it.

I had first deleted the snorkel and dropin AEM filter with stock airbox, observed noticeable improvement in throttle response and low end pickup.

After a few hundred miles I added full rs airbox setup, increased the sound of intake (only above 3-4k rpm) and also observed drone at about 2~2.5K rpm while cruising in city traffic. Did not improve the performance, slightly reduced it, ambient temperature was around 100F and IAT's were 120+ around that time, I was heat soaking, so I went back to just snorkel delete + dropin AEM with stock airbox.

I am planning on 63mm throttle body upgrade and RAM air snorkel (3D printed)

Anshul