Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - MK3 Owner Quality & Ownership Survey
View Single Post
Old 09-13-2018, 05:00 PM   #153
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Points 13,187, Level 74
Points: 13,187, Level: 74 Points: 13,187, Level: 74 Points: 13,187, Level: 74
Level Up 85% Completed
Level up: 85% Level up: 85% Level up: 85%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 41 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LiterOfFury View Post
I bought my 15' sedan ecoboost because a friend of mine purchased one a few months before I did. I was at first concerned about the power of the 3cylinder and he assured me that it had enough power to pull up hills in 6th gear, which I was skeptical.

During my test drive everything he said was true. I traded in my 02vette for my focus so I knew off rip that the focus would be slow (5 seconds roughly slower in the quarter mile)

But the car has really impressed me, the amount of sound deadening in the car compared to say 15' corolla really impressed me. If it wasn't for my subwoofer in the trunk nothing in my car would rattle( only 3 things in my car make noise, 1. The dome light tends to rattle on certain bass notes, 2. License plate(easy fix, but just saying) 3. There are vents in the trunk that allow air to exit the vehicle, I can hear them opening and shutting when outside the car and radio on. It's not loud, but I can hear it and it annoys me.)

The car handles really well at high speed, cornering etc. surprisingly smooth ride. Speed bumps could be a bit smoother, but I would rather have a slightly tighter suspension anyways and that's the downside.

My car has 205 width tires, my friends '14 jetta with the 1.8 turbo only has 195's. So we come equipped with good rubber(I dislike the stock brand tires, but the size is what I am talking about)

I honestly have not been so happy about a purchase of a vehicle in my entire life, even with all my sports cars. This car might not be speedy , but it is a very good car so far.

Bought dec. 13th, 2015 and have almost 18k miles on the car so far. 2 oil changes and I need to do a 3rd, Replaced stock air filter with stock replacement k&n shortly after buying the car.

No smoke, no leaks, no crazy noises. Used the car up to a few months ago to deliver pizza's, not a easy life for a car. Lots of bumps, speed bumps. Stop and go, and hard driving. Car has been flawless. A/c is ice cold, blows like a hurricane on 4.

I love the twin disc clutch, had a little flutter under 5k miles during hard 2nd gear shifts, but that has not happened since. Either I learned how to shift the twin disc, or it balanced out. Probably the later.

downside, body panel gaps have changed, some tightr, some wider. Nothing to cause damage, just something I noticed. My back seat when pulled up should not have exposed foam.... I have seen a picture of one that was covered. Not sure if that was the titanium edition or what. But they should have all been wrapped up.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arco-Zakus View Post
I thought the transmission choices for the 1.0 liter Ecoboost 3-cylinder (in the USA) were either a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed automatic with a conventional torque converter, but no dual-clutch automatic.
The 15MY Ford Focus EcoBoost 1.0L used an IB6 manual transmission only with a single plate clutch. Not sure where they get the idea that they had a twin plate clutch, but it does have a version of the same transmission of the Fiesta ST and Fusion 1.6L EcoBoost (2013-2014)