Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Is My Brand New Orielly's Slave Defective?
View Single Post
Old 08-27-2018, 10:05 PM   #1
cheap sleeper
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 59848
What I Drive: 2001 black zx3

Points 3,318, Level 35
Points: 3,318, Level: 35 Points: 3,318, Level: 35 Points: 3,318, Level: 35
Level Up 79% Completed
Level up: 79% Level up: 79% Level up: 79%
Forum Activity 23%
Activity: 23% Activity: 23% Activity: 23%
FF Reputation: 5 cheap sleeper Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Is My Brand New Orielly's Slave Defective?

I've done numerous clutch MC and slave installs and bleeds on my MK1s, but this one is looking like my brand spanking new slave is junk.

I have zero air bubbles anywhere.

I did pump and dump, then pulled the bottom MC line and shoved it back and pinned it when the fluid level reached appropriate max level.

Those two methods work every single time for me with no bench bleed of either component, and within minutes I have a clutch.

I tried those two methods over and over again with no new air bubbles, and, I have what feels like almost a perfect pedal resistance.

If you were to get in the car and push the clutch, you would be sold that the clutch is bled, until you noticed that it won't disengage from the engine.

I then did the 'correct' reverse bleed, no new bubbles, pedalthe same.

I tried all 3 methods numerous times.

Pedal feels great, but, no clutch at all.

SO, I had a new MC sitting in the box here to put in my SVT eventually, so, I swapped it in hoping that 'somehow' my MC must've failed just from sitting inactive for two years.

Easily got it bled to the exact same pedal I already had.

Still no clutch.

The lines are fine.

There is no fluid loss anywhere, except, possibly from the slave, which, I can't confirm either way because I have spilled some down on trans while doing the bleeding over and over and over again.

Clutch was working perfectly when the engine blew 2 years ago.

Pads on clutch still look very good, lots of life left.

Flywheel looks fine.

Motor is cinched all the way around to the bell housing perfectly and bolts are all tight.
^Yes, I really did check that rather than assuming.

Sorry for the novel.

I guess I'm just wondering if anyone else has had a problem with these metal ones from Orielly's.

I can't fcking believe I'm going to have to pull this whole thing back apart because of a junk new slave.

Last edited by cheap sleeper; 08-27-2018 at 10:19 PM.