Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - 2012 Ford Focus se crank but no start
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2018, 09:37 PM   #12
Marde
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 115991
What I Drive: 2004 ZTW PZEV 2.3 ATX

Points 14,962, Level 79
Points: 14,962, Level: 79 Points: 14,962, Level: 79 Points: 14,962, Level: 79
Level Up 23% Completed
Level up: 23% Level up: 23% Level up: 23%
Forum Activity 7%
Activity: 7% Activity: 7% Activity: 7%
FF Reputation: 49 Marde Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keefvscott View Post
Lol how do i do this?...
Again, THE primary way to test fuel pressure (FP) is via scan tool. However, if you wanna know (how I did it) how to test FP using an external pressure gauge, here is the story...

De-pressure the fuel system. Remove the OEM fuel line from the firewall to the fuel rail (hose seen below wrapped in silver padded tape). Now use a home-made fuel line that has a TEE in the middle (also shown in the picture) which connects TO & FROM the same points as the OEM hose did. BTW the TEE has a single schrader valve integrated into it. Now connect a fuel pressure gauge onto the TEE. Turn on key. Vent air from test hose as needed. Test can be done while engine is on or off. Last step is very important! ->> Place homemade test hose in garage and wonder if it will ever be used again before you die.

After I did this test, I found the proper quick-disconnect connectors for the ends of the test hose. Shown in the other picture.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zacautomotive View Post
His Focus has direct injection...
I did not know that. Thanks. Does this prevent someone from using a test hose (as described above)? Also, does anyone have test values (psi) of normal FP in a Focus with direct injection DI <psi as per scan tool>? Guessing the values are the same as my older non-DI engine ~35-45 psi... but the DI has TWO pumps? Far-out man.
Attached Thumbnails
2012 Ford Focus se crank but no start-imag0201.jpg  

2012 Ford Focus se crank but no start-imag0552.jpg