Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Wipers won't turn off even with key out
View Single Post
Old 07-04-2018, 07:57 AM   #3
LTDiesel
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 401178
Points 100, Level 1
Points: 100, Level: 1 Points: 100, Level: 1 Points: 100, Level: 1
Level Up 50% Completed
Level up: 50% Level up: 50% Level up: 50%
Forum Activity 3%
Activity: 3% Activity: 3% Activity: 3%
FF Reputation: 1 LTDiesel Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Thanks for that. I ended up having it diagnosed by Ford as a faulty Body Control Module which I've replaced today and sorted the problem. At least I didn't buy another wiper motor for no reason and it seems the BCM does have a constant supply of power to feed through to the wiper motor in the event of this fault.

If I had done my switch idea although cheaper it would have been a makeshift solution and wouldn't have allowed for intermittent wipers + when switching them off they could end up in the middle of the stroke across the windscreen which would be annoying.

I was also able to associate my keys with the new module with the help of youtube watch?v=wyx1WDGNbF8 since they didn't work initially. Strangely when pressing the lock button now it doesn't flash the lights twice like it used to and only lights up when unlocking but I guess that must be a function of the new board.