Originally Posted by tonyc775
Hello everyone, I wanted to post because I am so happy i finally DISABLED MYKEY! (WITH ONLY ONE KEY!!!)
I have to say, I would have never tried this or thought of this, if it wasn't for this Thread, and @novus in particular.
So thanks guys.
Okay, so i just bought a pre-owned 2016 Focus ST from a local Ford Dealership and it only came with one key. After a week of owning, I accidentally enabled the MyKey feature, not knowing what it actually was lol. (Big mistake)
So I searched everywhere for a way to disable this feature, preferably without having to buy a new key from the dealer.
Using the free Windows Application FoCCCus
**Message me for link**
And a USB corded OBD-II Scan Tool from amazon for $32
**Message me for link** or search Amazon for: ScanTool 425801 OBDLink SX USB: Professional OBD-II Scan Tool for Windows
1. So first things first, you need to install that application to your laptop.
2. If you purchased the same OBD Scan tool as i did, you will need to install it's drivers on to your computer. They can be found on the website listed on the instructions sheet it comes with ( You will ONLY need the drivers. Not the application the Scan tool is made for.)
3. Once you have the that done, your computer should be able to communicate with the OBD-II cord. Now you will go to your Focus, get in and close the door. DO NOT start car, just tap the ON button without pushing in the clutch or brake (Accessory Mode). Plug in your OBD-II to the car under the driver side dash and usb in to the computer. Load up the FoCCCus App.
Click the "Open" button
Now Click "Read from BCM"
There will be a progress bar on the bottom of the screen and the the FoCCCus app will read your car's ECU to get all the correct values.
4. Once done, I advise waiting about 30 seconds before unplugging the OBD-II from the car. Then turn off the car. Open and close the door to ensure it is off.
(Your car will start throwing you a number of random error codes on the screen, and give check engine light and every other kind of light. This is just part of the process and will need to be cleared later.)
5. Now you are ready for the last part. With all the value you uploaded into the FoCCCus app, scroll down to #239 MyKey. When i did it, the value was set to "2". You should click and change the value to "0".
Once you change it to "0" you can plug it back in to the car and follow the previous procedure (Put car in accessory mode). Then click "Write to BCM"
This will make you car have 0 MyKeys.
After, you will have repeat the process but this time changing the value of #239 to a "1" and rewrite it to the BCM, which will turn off The MyKey feature!
(WITH ONLY 1 KEY!!!)
To clear the error codes and check engine light afterwards, you can either use a Cobb access port, a SCT tuner, Forscan application, or have Autozone/Advanced Auto Parts do it for free.
Hope this helped!
I wanted to post this to back @novus 's claim. It really works! Even tho my dealer told me "it can't be done".
Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile