Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Stripped my Getrag Drain Plug...
View Single Post
Old 12-11-2017, 04:52 PM   #1
LemonJellyBean
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 316929
What I Drive: 2004 Screamin' Yellow SVT EAP

Points 80, Level 1
Points: 80, Level: 1 Points: 80, Level: 1 Points: 80, Level: 1
Level Up 60% Completed
Level up: 60% Level up: 60% Level up: 60%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 LemonJellyBean Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Exclamation Stripped my Getrag Drain Plug...

To clarify, the threads are fine because the 8mm hex socket gave way to a perfect circle. According to Autonation Ford White Bear Lake the drain plug for the SVT is long discontinued and "no warehouse in the country seems to have it." With this in mind, who is willing to measure theirs during their next trans fluid change? Hopefully someone might have that info squirreled away, but I doubt it since I couldn't find anything on the forum.

Was able to find this product with M18x1.5mm thread: http://new.minimania.com/part/NMD105...1-Gen2-R50-r61

Since the Mini Cooper S and Focus SVT share a transmission, should I assume that the plugs are the same thread/interchangeable? (BTW I don't plan on spending $40 for a drain plug, I'm looking for OEM) I'm planning to go down to a local Mini dealer to see if they'd have it. Regular plugs aren’t that expensive if I end up buying a couple different sizes, but if anyone can help I would appreciate it.

Also, are the drain and fill plugs the same thread? I’m paranoid about draining my transmission until I know for sure I can fill it again.

*EDIT*

The drain is indeed M18x1.5x12mm but the fill plug is M16x1.5x12mm

Last edited by LemonJellyBean; 03-30-2018 at 12:28 AM. Reason: update