Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Steeda Spacer Big Throttle Body
View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 08:07 AM   #9
1turbofocus
FF Affiliate

Fan#: 1123
What I Drive: 2000 ZX3 / 2002 SVT Turbocharged

Points 100,130, Level 100
Points: 100,130, Level: 100 Points: 100,130, Level: 100 Points: 100,130, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 100%
Activity: 100% Activity: 100% Activity: 100%
FF Reputation: 160 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member 1turbofocus Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (31)
Quote:
Originally Posted by FFhb13 View Post
^^ UDP's free up hp/torque they don't add, and i've had good results with them as long as they are significantly lighter them oem crank pulley. The intake manifolds I think is an issue with SCT, the tuning has an issue with the VVT and both manifolds dropped off at same RPM, too much of a coincidence I think..more digging needs to be done.
How can they free up HP and TQ yet not add any HP and TQ , if it frees it up and it doesnt add it to the Fly wheel / tires then where does it go ?

How is it a issue with the SCT Software that the intakes didnt work ?

There is NO Tuning issues with the VCT , the cams were moved around a to try to help and on top of that the cams shouldnt need to of been moved , do people that change from the stock intake on the 04-11 Duratecs to a Cosi have to move there cams to get the intake to show gains , nope they show gains right out of the box even with out a tune done , The VCT is something I have been working with for years , it started with the Contour Zetec then went to the SVT Focus now the MK3 , its there in the software and it works , every tune I send out has the cams changed in it

The intakes should of shown gains right out of the box then tweek the engines for best performance , your getting some very bad information on how things work and what is and isnt working in the SCT

Tom
Focus-Power: Your #1 Source for Ford Focus Speed, Tuning & Performance!

Customer Support
AIM: hpdyno
Email:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Phone: 704-249-3745
Site:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Elder 1turbofocus

Last edited by 1turbofocus; 12-07-2017 at 08:09 AM.