Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - AUX port fuse
Thread: AUX port fuse
View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 09:03 AM   #14
roush2
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 341106
What I Drive: 2012 Focus S

Points 9, Level 1
Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1 Points: 9, Level: 1
Level Up 17% Completed
Level up: 17% Level up: 17% Level up: 17%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 1 roush2 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovidiur View Post
The aux port is just a connector with 3 wires. There are difference in the old and new cd units. Old units have one big connector, an usb port and an antenna connector. The aux port wires goes in the big connector at pin 17 & 18 for right and left channel and pin 6 for ground.
Now the new cd units have two big connectors. The aux port is routed trought the bluetooth/voice module then passed to the cd unit on the above mentioned pins. So the wiring in this two situation are diffrent.
First picture you see old cd unit with usb connector and second picture you can see new unit with two big connector. Pin 17, 18 and 6 are located on the big connector from the first picture, respectively the connector an the left side on the second picture.
Thanks for the reply, both of my radios look exactly the same, the one in the photo. I guess I was just hoping that getting the same ports would equal same function haha. The wiring harness goes to the slot in the right, is there a way to add another aux to the left side port?

Sent from my XT1650 using FF Mobile