Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Parts that brake on Mk1 Foci
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 06:17 PM   #9
Magus2727
Thats What She Said

Fan#: 62897
What I Drive: 2001 MB ZX3, 2004 SY SVT ZX5

Points 21,254, Level 91
Points: 21,254, Level: 91 Points: 21,254, Level: 91 Points: 21,254, Level: 91
Level Up 81% Completed
Level up: 81% Level up: 81% Level up: 81%
Forum Activity 14%
Activity: 14% Activity: 14% Activity: 14%
FF Reputation: 24 Magus2727 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Thanks for the input.

The hope is not to make mods that will make the car handle better. Those are always welcomed though. The hope it that I will be able to drive my car to the track, do 3 days or racing and be able to drive it home with not having to do repairs other than the needed maintenance items.

Bearings I do plan to swap out on a regular basis. Hope that those are fairly easy to tell when they are starting to go bad so I will inspect them after every session. Have my eyes on a 20 tone press from Harbor Freight so I can do my own pressing and save shop labor. Might just do a replace after every 3-day weekend kind of thing?

For the ball joint, with having the CFM control arms I would think it would be some what easy to put a longer stud on? Have a rod that is a little longer and flairs out to make good contact to the knuckle and the top of the Heim joint? I am not that lowered though. The Koni Springs are about 1.0" lower than stock. I have though of pairing them with the H&R Race springs which is 1.5" lower than stock.

Do you have full poly bushings on the front? With the C-F-M Control Arms and all Poly bushings and motor mounts I have not notices much of any issues like you mention. But again I am still running a street tire compound.