Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Parts that brake on Mk1 Foci
View Single Post
Old 08-07-2017, 05:42 PM   #7
Magus2727
Thats What She Said

Fan#: 62897
What I Drive: 2001 MB ZX3, 2004 SY SVT ZX5

Points 21,249, Level 91
Points: 21,249, Level: 91 Points: 21,249, Level: 91 Points: 21,249, Level: 91
Level Up 80% Completed
Level up: 80% Level up: 80% Level up: 80%
Forum Activity 17%
Activity: 17% Activity: 17% Activity: 17%
FF Reputation: 24 Magus2727 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
With stock output power and Torque have their been issued with the differential braking? I want to get a KAZZ with the full racing clutch pack eventually. I will also need to likely get a new clutch in the next year or two so when I have that out I would like to do the Diff. Likely get a stage 4 as I plan on getting my built motor back together and getting the Turbo in it.

I am trying to stay focused on things that brake with current power levels at the moment as it will be a few more years before I get the motor and turbo build in the track car.

If I was running more power then could it cause damage to the stock diff? or with it being open that helps protect it as it will just spin the wheels if there is more power than the wheels can handle. Any Diff should be stronger than the open OEM one. I think there is one or two accounts of the Torsen failing but cant directly relate failure due to installation or application. Drag racing is harder on the clutch and Diff due to launching right? Since a road coarse is a Slow is Smooth, Smooth is Fast kind mentality the Diff "should" see the same or minimal more stress on a road coarse then under daily driving right?

With the car rotation, I would want it to be more oversteer conditions than understeer but want to maintain good tire patch contact in the rear under heavy cornering so a bit more camber than what the non adjustable arms and the camber bolts can provide may be wanted. I have seen that with the stiff rear sway bars and high spring rates and low weight in the back the Foci is able to easily cock a wheel up in the air. Or do I have my alignment dynamics all backwards?