Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Clearing MyKey without Admin Key
View Single Post
Old 07-13-2017, 06:32 PM   #63
AaronG
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 341434
What I Drive: 2016 Red Titanium

Points 2,579, Level 30
Points: 2,579, Level: 30 Points: 2,579, Level: 30 Points: 2,579, Level: 30
Level Up 86% Completed
Level up: 86% Level up: 86% Level up: 86%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 1 AaronG Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by volliefd View Post
Ok two questions should the elm be in hs or ms can? And key at acc level? I had it at the on level. I already planned to get new key from locksmith. Got a call into one that has a 4.8/5.0 rating.

Base pull from BCM had it set at 2. I changed it to 0 and loaded and it took, but I thought it was odd when I turned car back on it still said mykey on the screen. I thought it wouldn't say anything.

Ok now this dumb question came to mind, if I go get a new key made at a locksmith won't that be an admin key and I don't even have to do the focccus reprogram???
If you were using focccus you can't select the incorrect bus. If you have the switch on high when it needs to be low it will tell you, and vice versa.

Do you have a key fob or an actual key? Mine is a fob with a high security key. The actual key is only to emergency unlock the driver's door. You can buy a fresh key fob for $300 at the dealership or $65-80 on eBay. Locksmiths can rarely do anything with systems like mine so make sure they know your exact model, not just that it's a whatever year focus.

The end result of writing to the BCM to remove mykey will be that mykey will disappear from the options screen and therefore your key fob will become a master.