Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Clearing MyKey without Admin Key
View Single Post
Old 01-27-2017, 04:06 PM   #13
ArcticMynx
Focus Hoarder

Fan#: 58350
What I Drive: 03 Jag - 06 SAP - 02 SVT - 02 ZXW

Points 11,391, Level 70
Points: 11,391, Level: 70 Points: 11,391, Level: 70 Points: 11,391, Level: 70
Level Up 36% Completed
Level up: 36% Level up: 36% Level up: 36%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 63 ArcticMynx Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (27)
Quote:
Originally Posted by No boost View Post
You'll need to access the security system in the car with fords VCM.

Dependent on model year it takes 10-20 mins to access the system. In some cases you need A ford password that verifies your id though fords server. After access is granted, you will need to erase all keys.

You will then need two PATS keys. One can be the cheaper nonfob pats type key. Using the VCM again Program both keys then assign one as the admin key.

Not having the admin key is the issue.

Can a locksmith do this?? I have no clue. Often times it doesn't work the first time even with fords tools and you have to try the second time.
ford doesn't loan, rent or even support any third party security module programmers.. again playing with third party programmers is playing with fire as you can lock out and even brick the cars security module.. the car has a peramiters that it will actually disable the entire car if you screw with that module to much and it will have to be replaced ..
2006 Focus ZX4 SAP - Daily Driver (Psychotic Black)
2007 Focus ZTW Wagon - Project (Dark Shadow Grey)
2003 Jaguar X-Type - Project (Money Pit)
2002 SVT Focus - Project (#2760 of 4788)