Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - BCM? Problems After Factory Software Upgrade
View Single Post
Old 10-27-2016, 03:14 PM   #2
ELCouz
Focus Preacher

Fan#: 157898
What I Drive: '12 F. SE HB Candy Blue 5spd

Points 7,453, Level 57
Points: 7,453, Level: 57 Points: 7,453, Level: 57 Points: 7,453, Level: 57
Level Up 52% Completed
Level up: 52% Level up: 52% Level up: 52%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 17 ELCouz Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by BillGrates View Post
I just got my 2014's software updated because of a recall and now my car is acting very weird. Turning my key the first time usually does not do anything and I have to return it to the accessory position and then it cranks fine. Also, even more concerning is that if I try to use my brights while driving my engine turns off.

I have taken the car back to the dealer to address these issues and they are saying it is faulty MCU connections and the MCU needs to be replaced. Originally it was going to be covered under warranty rightly so, but now their claiming I will need to pay for the repair.

Has anybody else had this problem? I can't believe they are trying to charge me for a problem that only showed up after the software update they did! I will not be getting a Ford next time I buy a car. I have had nothing but small problems with this car.

EDIT: the problem controller is the MCU not the ECU

This is no such thing as a MCU on the MK3 focus... did you meant BCM? (Body control Module?)
2005 MK1.5 Saleen Focus Sonic Blue
2000 MK1 SPI "Vibrator on Wheels" [Scrapped]