Focus Fanatics Forum banner

A/C and power steering delete, need help on belt size

10K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  holzy0815 
#1 ·
I am doing weight reduction.

I have already delete the A/c and simply added a pulley in the compressors place.

I have recently came acrossed a way to by-pass both units with re-routing the belts and using a smaller belt.

Thats where I need your help. I have the F/C UDP kit whick uses the STOCK belt due to the bigger water pump pulley.

That being said, I need to find the smaller belt size to re-rout the belt to bypass the a/c compressor AND the power steering pump.

As always Thank you for your help with the NOob :fathand:

See less See more
#3 ·
like i told u on teamZX2.com Lose the FC water pump pulley and go with the belt i have for sale or geta new one. if u don't want to lose the FC waterpump pulley, just get a 49" belt. Go to ur local part store, and ask them for a 49" sepertine belt.

Before u do this, i want to worn u it's a lot of work. I took me a total of 2 days. and u still have to find that manual rack and pinion.

#5 ·
i also asked AC deleting a week ago but there were no satisfying replies.. and i see that it is the best way to put a pulley instead of AC comp. pulley. so how much does the AC weigh? i am also thinking about AC deleting but i am not sure if it will worth or not...

#7 · (Edited)
40lbs?? ohhh it really worth removing... i want to ask another thing.. when you are re-routing the belt, the length of belt around the crank pulley ( i meant the length of friction surface around the crank) reduced nearly 1/3 ... does it couse any problem ?? like cousing the belt slipping around the crank???

#8 ·
According tot he Zx2 peeps who HAVE done it, have no problems and drive there cars daily, talk to peanutsparts. I am removing P/S pump AND A/C wich is probably about 75lbs or so.

But this ISN'T comforatable for daily driving :(

Lighter For RACE :)

#11 ·
When you say that its 40lbs for the A/C delete....are you guessing or has it been weighed?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.