Focus Fanatics Forum banner

stock header vs. svt header change?

4K views 12 replies 12 participants last post by  y2kpedo 
#1 ·
hey guys wondering if it would make a difference if i switch my header for the stock svt header? performance gains? or anything that would make a difference? would it just be a nice and easy installation?

#8 ·
There will be a huge improvement the SVT header is long tube so you will get more scavanging which translaes into more horsepower. The SVT header will also keep the cat if you get the kit from McNews automotive. You should see a huge difference if you get an SVT header, Random Tech Hi-flow Cat (or Off Road Pipe), and a cat back.

#9 ·
Or if you have a little skill you could cut off the o2 sensor bung and the flange off the pipe that runs from the stock header to the mid pipe, get a flange cut out that matches the svt header and weld up a little pipe that runs from the svt header into your stock system and use a couple gaskets and u got it

#10 ·
I did this and it made my car come alive !!
I did it without the McNews kit tho..... (PITA)
but didn't have the 700 - 800 bucks to do it
Good luck with your install and the gains are quite worth it
especially if you can get your hands on a stock SVT exhaust (flex-back)

[thumb]

#11 ·
whoa didnt realize such gains, well iam going to get the svt header, but is there anywhere on the forums with detailed instructions, including what is needed and not, and how to?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.