Votes: 5 1.1%
  • TSUDO

Votes: 10 2.1%
  • Flowmaster

Votes: 1 0.2%

Zetec owners: Exhaust time!

78K views 135 replies 117 participants last post by  sgtsmasher 
#1 ·
Just thought I would put up a poll and see how many people have what.

If you like, post up what you have and where and how much you paid for it. Sound clips would be a nice addition too if you have any[;)]

I have the SVT Borla. Purchased it from McNews Automotive for $400.

Here is my sound clip: CLICK ME (This is w/ a FC race header)

#62 ·
I got a 2.25" Magnaflow Cat-Back, ORP, & 2.25" Bosal Flexpipe. Total parts costed me about $515. Installation costs in total are about $300. All in all, I love my exhaust system. All I need now is a shorty header to finish it off. A strong warning for those who want to go ORP with a Magnaflow... Don't do it unless you want to hear a bee buzzing sound from 3K-4500K RPM. If I knew before I went ORP, I would have never done it. I just got used to it now though.

#64 ·
I'm going to finish ordering the exhaust this weekend. I have the SVT header kit, 2.5" off-road pipe, 2.5" flexpipe.

I'm thinking about the 2.5" Trubendz with resonator and either the Borla or Magnaflow muffler.

Which one do you think would sound better? Don't want the bumble bee or rice sound. I'm kinda leaning toward the Borla since I had a true Borla for my truck a few years ago and I liked it.

#65 ·
well mine is a bit of a long story, lol. I started out with a 2.25" side exhaust with glasspack that I made for $40 plus $30 in labor. Loved the sound of it till I put on my SVT header/cat/flex then it got real loud and raspy. So I bought a magnaflow/w resonator 2.25" for $100 from a guy I know on another forum. I used it for about a year or so and ran into a deal from another guy on the same forum. He was gonna be selling his focus and was wanting to get rid of his borla 2.5" exhaust with resonator for $50 plus a trade of a stocker. I had a friend who wanted an exhaust for his sis's focus since he auto-x's with it. I trade him my magnaflow for his stock +$30 and helping him swap them. Then I went down and made the trade with the other guy. Who I was also selling a battery box to for $10. So I got his 2.5" borla with resonator, and the straight pipe section, for basically $10 (since I got $30 from the other) and some work. lmao. Best deal of the day!!

will soon have a FC ceramic coated ORP for trade of my stock manifold/cat/flex as well. haha

#69 ·
Well the exhaust is finished. I have the coated SVT header, 2.5" flex, 2.5" ORP, 2.5" Trubendz with Borla muffler and Magnaflow resonator. All SS. Don't have a sound clip yet. If you have to ask the price you can't afford it [8D]

#71 ·
mine sounds great i have focus central race header, bosal 2.25" flex and ford racing borla cat back with custom y pipe and dual tips after the rear axle the second tip really helps to lower the exhaust note at higher rpms and produces just the right amount of crackle when you let off

#72 ·
currently cruising with a magnaflow catback on a stock header/cat/flex. does anyone have a clip of a zetec running full svt exhaust?? i'd like to hear that cuz thats the way i think i'm going to head

#74 ·
custom cherry bomb.... look at my thread called my exhaust in video show room...or look at my car in the showroom... mikes 2001 se

#78 ·
svt header, rt hfc, bosal flex, mbrp... doesn't sound like bees to me... very deep down low.. i like it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.