Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Which Intake & Exhaust To Buy

3K views 12 replies 6 participants last post by  FoRdFoCuZdRiVeR 
#1 ·
Hello:
Well i just bought me a nice 2000 se with the 2.0 zetec and I love it!!.However already noticed how restrictive ford is with this engine. So was thinking of getting either the aem short ram air intake or the hks kit. Which one would you recomend??Also same applies to the exhaust...borla or hks? Any input will be much appreciated. It is easy to see why people love their focus!!!
THanks[?|]

#2 ·
BORLA!! HKS is some overpriced crap, theres no way its that much better than the borla for the price, the AEM depends on which short ram it is, they have a few diff designs out there, but i would reccomend the volant as im sure everyone else here will

#9 ·
(ranked by best)
Intakes-
1. Volant
2. Focus-Central
3. Focussport Cool Flow
Iceman in there somewhere...

Exhausts-
1. Borla
2. Magnaflow
3. HKS (too much)
4. Bosal
-The borla and magnaflow are the most popular exhausts it seems and the magnaflow will give you about the same gains as the Borla and is like $100 less. But the Borla has a lifetime warranty and has a lot better build quality as I here.

I'm going to get the magnaflow and either one of the three intakes. Probably the Volant or Focus-Central.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.