Focus Fanatics Forum banner

OBX Race Header -VS- SVT Header

11K views 13 replies 10 participants last post by  pio 
#1 ·
okay in the next month or so i'm planning on picking up some headers, bascily its down to those 2.

if i get the OBX race header i'll have to add a cat somewhere in my exhaust later on, due to emmissions laws. however the SVT kit comes with a cat, so i wouldn't have to worry about that.

also if you look at the prices,

SVT - : $265.00
OBX - : $145.00 + $200ish (For Cat and Cat install) = $345.00

of course if you go with one of the High flow Cat packages they offer on mcnews for the SVT it could change it like this:

SVT - : $265.00 + $345.00 (With Random Tech Cat 2 1/2 in- 2 1/2 out) = $610

but odds are i won't do that.

so what would provide better gains then? the race header + cat welded in somewhere, or the SVT setup?

and i suppsoe i should also wonder, what would sound better?

See less See more
#2 ·
Between those two I definately would go with the SVT header. Im looking to buy a header pretty soon. Im still trying to choose between focussport or th SVT header. But in your case of choice I would go with the SVT header package from mcnewsautomotive hands down.

#6 ·
well if you are looking to be emissions legel then go with the SVT header, i Have the OBX 4-2-1 Race Header. I like it a lot, it gave me gains that i really noticed. it goes OBX header, flex, exhaust. Im not sure about the SVT gains but the OBX is really nice. But if you want to be emissions legel then go with SVT to make it easier. if you do get the OBX buy a copper header gastket because the one that comes with it is crap. thats my 2cents

#9 ·
My friend told me the steeda race header is pretty dood as well. Though he had to buy a flexpipe. Other than that he said it's a good buy. But I still think that in Ledjar's case of choice Id go with the SVT header from mcnewsautomotive.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.