Focus Fanatics Forum banner

trouble removing cat back

4K views 24 replies 7 participants last post by  FoRdFoCuZdRiVeR 
#1 ·
ok earlier tonite i got bored n decided to go n remove the cat back..since i should be gettin my new one this week i hope..maybe later today..but anyways..the bolts that hold the cat n the flex..r a little rusted n the things i tryed wont even budge em..n the rubber hangers...how do u remove them..n would i be gettin new ones with the new cat back?

#3 ·
I think you are trying to say the bolts are rusted and you can't get them off.
Well go to a Home Depo or Lowes and get this spray stuff and it'll come right out. Can't remember what it's called just tell an employee that you got a rusted screw that you can't budge. Or get a longer wrench. Don't know about the "rubber hangers"

#16 ·
i had to go to meineke and get them to remove the bolts i tryed everything myself from a torch and wd40 to freaking cocacola.. couldnt get it...but after that its a breeze. get a sawzaw so you can cut the exhaust off right before the muffler, cuz you wont be able to get it out... i didnt do flex pipe yet... soon though, im going illegal too with a race header.. all youll need then is a flex then yer done iwht exhaust.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.