Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Bang 4 the Buck - Dialy Driver / Winter Ride

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  Dr_Watson 
#1 ·
Hey Guyz, I've been reading the forum for a few days, and you all seem pretty knowledgeable. So I just thought I'd get some of your opinions on my Focus situation.

I needed a winter ride, and I decided to go with a Focus... but time was running out, and the best deal I could find was a 2001, ZX3, Automatic (sadly, I couldn't find nice 5-speed in my area). Being a winter ride, and a daily driver, I don't really want to go all out nutz on mods and upgrades ... however, I would like to make it more fun to drive, and besides, it's fun to screw around with your car! So really I'm looking for best-bang-for-the-buck parts, and upgrades. If you guys could gimmie your opinion on the following (brand, where to buy, etc), I'd appreciate it. So far the car is stock...

Ignition: would it be worth upgrading to a MSD coilpack, wires, and plugs?

CAI: Being a winter ride, I was thinking a short ram to help keep the filter cleaner... would a cheap ebay setup work fine, or what's the general recommendation?

Exhaust: OBX or sudo race header? I don't need to pass emitions. how about the rest of the exhaust?High Flow cats? Off road? I dunno...

... is there anything else you'd recommend?? [confused]

See less See more
#3 ·
i would get a chip and stay away from ebay parts. buy a volant intake, they are kinda pricey($250), but i have just put one on my car and it's worth it.

If its going to be a daily driver, i wouldn't get a race header and exhaust cuz it's really loud. I know this from experience. I have to do something to mine to make it quieter. I have the focus-central race header and a magnaflow exhaust.

a lot of the people on here say the coild pack is pointless until you get FI or a lot of mods. i have a coil pack and it doesn't make a whole lot of difference.

#4 ·
hey, well all i have heard is OBX is shit. stay away from e-bay stuff too.

The best bet is to get a good short ram, exhust with a header i would go with mbrp or borla. Magnaflow is super loud with a header, altho sounds good on the track.

Also i am a pimp and i need to whore out tfc.

www.thefocusconnection.com

it is a local board. Check us out i am on as almost the same name.

Good luck and happy modding.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.