Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Different spark plug wire question

3K views 22 replies 8 participants last post by  Magus2727 
#1 ·
Does anyone know where I can find Orange spark plug wires? I would like to upgrade to a 8mm or 8.2mm wire, but it must be orange.

Any help is appreciated.

#5 ·
Thanks for the input. I was looking on Massive's website, but I guess I wasnt looking in the right section.

Thanks again.

#8 ·
Hey quick question, and it may be too late since I just ordered the orange 9mm wires, but I noticed after I paid that it says coil type MSD. Does that mean they wont work with my factory coil?

#10 ·
Thanks for the quick response. I have emailed them, so I am hoping they will be able to help me out here. Thanks again.

#12 ·
Will the ZX2 coil plug right up, or will I need to wire up the pigtail to make it work? Either way is fine with me, but just curious as to what I would be getting into by switching it. If its too much work, I may just order up the Orange MSD coil pack to go with it, even though I dont need it (and only do this if they cant exchange them out for me).

#15 ·
May be another issue there, note the BOTTOM of the ZX2 coil, like a Contour coil, the bottom is not flat and will not fit on a Focus coil bracket, there are two bulges on the bottom, Focus coil is dead flat on the bottom. The bulges fit holes in bracket not on later models.

#18 ·
This is true. If you nab one from the junkyard, you'll need to get the bracket as well. Or just get some longer bolts.

#16 ·
Thanks for pointing that out. Hopefully Massive will be able to exchange them out for me, and get me the right ones sent.

#17 ·
I just read Massive's website again. They offered the 9mm Orange plug wires for either MSD or stock coil boots. They are both the same price, so I dont think it will be a problem. I just wanted to say thanks to all of those who have pitched in with information and advice for this.

#19 ·
Longer bolts on incorrect bracket screams coil breakage, the corners will break off........get a Contour bracket and you can mount any coil on it.

FYI, I always slot the bottom bracket hole to open, that way all you have to do is slightly crack the bottom bolt loose and leave it in the head when removing bracket to say work on hoses or PCV. Sucks getting a rachet in there.

#20 ·
I talked to Massive, and they said they will gladly get the order corrected before they ship it out. Im glad I caught that in time, and didnt have to deal with the hassle of sending them back and waiting longer. I hope they will be in this week.

#23 ·
I think he just wanted orange ones. did not care about the size or was expecting performance gains. My guess is he has an orange color scheme that he is going for.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.