Focus Fanatics Forum banner

how much power do you think this will make??

3K views 31 replies 10 participants last post by  focusmaniaczx3 
#1 ·
okay my question is i have a 2001 cougar with a 2.0 zetec that ive been building a motor for in my basement and the head is all done i just have to put it on. what i want to know is how much power it will make.
it has,
-vct to non-vct conversion
-intake and exaust ports ported and polished baby smoth.
-crower stage 2 forced induction cams.
-.393/.393 lift
-240/240 duration
-crower springs and retainers.
2.5" manifold back exaust through thrush welded muffler.
k&n cold air intake.
head was not shaved.
what do you think it will make?[dunno]

#28 ·
or you could just take all the guess work out of it and buy a ford racing head for about $800. they still show up for sale from time to time and they are the biggest bang for your buck as far as heads go.

#30 ·
The dimple idea is horsesh-t, you screw up flow patterns based on the dimple pattern itself. I've seen dimpling done but it has to be precise and much aforethought given to it. True dimpling is not a low hole, rather a low next to a high, made by dinging soft aluminum at 45 degree angle with a rounded small point punch. The HIGHS then become the flow modifying force.

What's the difference between golf balls and head surface, the ball spins rapidly, your head does not (or maybe ONE of them does, anyway). When head does not move the pattern will take on significance..........

Don't use dremel, you gotta be crazy. I use dremel, a set of 35000 rpm big tool and die grinders, drill, files, whatever it takes to get part of the job done. Airtools suck, the hose is always in the way. I use rocks, carbide cutters, cartridge rolls and flapper wheels to do it. And lots of WD40 to keep cutters clean.

The most rewarding work is always in the first one inch of valve pocket even if rest of head is untouched, these seem to be pretty clean as compared to earlier American engines and probably not so much to gain there as 1turbofocus has mentioned here before.

I have seen more novice ported heads of all brands than I can count yet the ones that I thought might work better than stock I could count on one hand. The bad ones were proven out at the strip to be dogs. If you have no idea of portflowing then the odds are highly in favor of the fact that you will be screwing your head up if you touch it.

#31 ·
well the head is done all far as the intake ports go i just port matched them for even flow and the exaust ports are baby smooth and port matched the lash is set to .008" on the exaust side and .006" on the intake side now i need to buy a tunner and tune who would you guys recommend

#32 ·
screen name on this website 1turbofocus
e-mail hpdyno@aol.com
link to his dedicated forum area on this site http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=72
link to his website http://www.focus-power.com/

his name is tom and by the way he gives free updates to the tune as you make changes and upgrade your car so long as you stay naturally aspired. the tune costs a little more if you need a tune to run nitrous and a little more still if you are running forced induction like supercharger or turbo. but tune updates are still free for either of those things. you arent going to find a better tuner to work with.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.