Focus Fanatics Forum banner

got a question

2K views 16 replies 12 participants last post by  freemind 
#1 ·
#2 ·
anytime i did anything with my valve cover i always replaced the gasket.. just to be safe... now is it needed? not really... as far as if it should fit? yes it should. lokos identical to mine lol

#5 ·
#6 ·
ok thanks

also got another question, what are the size specifications on the header bolts for a ztec i have found a website but not sure what to get as because im not sure of the size and the dealership wants to charge me 40+ $$ for 10 oem ones...
Go to a junkyard and pull some. As long as the cover comes with the metal grommets you should be able to use your current valve cover bolts.

#8 ·
i looked all over the website and could not find header bolts, the ones that go into the front of the motor, i see all kinds of junk heat shield stuff but i dont see bolts...do they sell them there, and has anyone checked the website i posted to see if any of those would work cause there priced really low

#11 ·
I bought the same valve cover from ebay same seller. You need the kit from massive speed to install that on a focus zetec. I made the same mistake and bought it without checking on it. You can get the massive speed trophy valve cover kit and it comes with the install kit for less than buying that cover on ebay and buying the install kit separate. Just call massive speed and they can get you one in any color you want with the install kit.

#14 ·
And massive if you send back the core they deduct 100 bucks... so you really pay 160~ for a powder coated vc.

#15 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.