Focus Fanatics Forum banner

where to find a good rear strut bar?

3K views 17 replies 12 participants last post by  sgtsmasher 
#1 ·
ok so ive found 2 that might be good but idk this first one is from cfm and the second is ebay...

http://focus.c-f-m.com/focussportrearstressbarfor00-07fordfocuszx3zx5svtst170and08-09coupesedan.aspx

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Mass...ptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories

just not sure on which one would be better if ya have any other ones that might be as good or better for a good price let me know...im planning on doing a rear seat delete and plastic removal this spring and recovering everything that would be in plastic with almost the same type material as a speaker box and putting a custom box and better system in the cah...[:)]

#3 ·
Massive FTW. Any other rear bar is pointless. They are just a tube that has a bolt on each end. The Massive one is by far the most effective one.

#4 ·
both are good. the ebay one is just Massive's online store, theyre a vendor here. the CFM one is from FSwerks

so do you want to drill two holes or four?

#7 ·
I'm getting a massive soon. looks alot nicer and looks like it would take alot more flex out of the rear. the fswerks bar is just side to side while the massive would take care of some twist IMO

#8 ·
I hate to tell you this but they are all pretty much useless.... you car can literally roll over and the cab doesnt give one bit...... not to mention you have the subframe bolted directly under where "strut tower braces go" which also add alot of structeral strength to an already stiff car.

Strut tower braces on the Focus are pretty much eye candy.

#9 ·
^Agreed. Because the focus uses shocks in the back and not struts. The entire rear suspension is pretty much built into the lower rear subframe. A LOWER rear brace may be a different story, but the upper is mostly useless. The only real gain in chasis rigity is from a harness bar that braces the upper portions of the B pillars to the lower portion of the chasis or a actual roll cage.

#12 ·
They look pretty...... if you want to improve your handling invest in a good set of sway bars.

#13 ·
i had a nice one, it was a 4 pt. bar, i'll see if i can dig up pics. i might be able to make another, but your rear seat becomes useless, and you need to strip the interior to use it.

#14 ·
I never thought they were worth the investment either, a nice set of sways will do wonders. also, a lower front brace and a lakewood traction bar, and poly control arm bushings also add tons of rigidity, but idk what your goals are.

matt
Posted via FF Mobile

#15 ·
well as far as the inside im ripping everything out from the rear seats to all the plastic and and just completely re-doing it what my plans are is to get rid of all that plastic crap and the current speaker box and re-designing it and i wanted the tower bar to be part of it to give a better look...so what i want it to strip everything and take something like what speaker boxes are covered in and spray adhesive that onto everything that was or would be plastic and making a custom speaker box for my 15" and a couple 8" but i want to be able to keep the spare and jack and stuff and have it accessible when i need it but have the custom look as if nothing was there...the couple of reasons of doing this is 1: its a 2 door hatch so nobody sits in the back anyways and 2: i want it to be custom looking not stock with all the crap in the back to me its an eye sore... im not sure if anyone has had this idea an done it but i want to and i will be posting pics maybe step by step on how to remove stuff if nobody knows how and wants to...i know im rambling but im hardly ever on here so i thought id give a good description on what i want to do...and if anyone has any thoughts or comments feel free to post but no bashing or "why would you wanna do this" crap thanks

#16 ·
I can honestly say my Massive rear stress bar made a very minor positive difference in handling. But keep in mind, I've already done full suspension including front and rear sways and the bar has made the least difference of all those. I noticed a tighter car only really when pushing it and for normal driving I notice less creaking from the body when cornering, specially over bumping roads. Over all I'm happy and couldnt pass up Massive's 25% off black friday sale.

If you're looking for performance, I'd do tires, suspension, sways, and then stress bars. If you're going for looks then I'd say go for it as it looks great and the spare tire can still be pulled as easily as before.

#17 ·
yea when spring hits i want new tires and rims i was thinking some 17" 5 spoke black with a chrome lip could care less and about the rubber as they will be expensive with low pros and they i was thinking of doing a drop of 2.5 rear and 2 front with new front and rear sways ive priced that out to be about 800 for the suspension and about 600-800 for rims and rubber depending on where i get them then i want a new ground effects kit and paint job maybe replace the hood and hatch with carbon to lighten it up a bit and to give it a better look or maybe paint them if i do decide to get them to match the car but idk money has to be good to get all this and with trying to either buy or build a house it all might have to wait but idk we'll see [:)]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.