Focus Fanatics Forum banner

High flow cat on stock exhaust?

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  BlackJack03 
#1 ·
Hi guys

Im thinkin of buying a high flow cat for my 2004, 2.0ltr zetec focus. My car is almost stock. The only mod is SVT snorkel and airbox with K&N filter. What kinda gains do i get? Is too loud?

Is my zetec's exhaust too restrictive to gain anything from a high flow cat?

Would be gr8 if u guys can throw some light...coz im a newb to mods

#4 ·
my high flow cat and magnaflow sound awesome together. One problem I have run into is that my exhaust rattles now.....its annoying, but its more noticable when the engine is cold. It got much louder with the cat, but at crusing speeds it still remains fairly quiet, much like the magna and borla do at crusing speeds.

#5 ·
I'd say wait.... You still have the HIGHLY restrictive headers on so your going from tiny opening to BIG opening to tiny opening.... Your not gonna notice much. Save a little longer and get a Focus Sport Stealth Exaust and JBA Shorty Header, you'll love it!

--> I've got pics in my profile of what it'll look like! <--
Kevin

#6 ·
The problem is Im in australia and they dont make any exhausts for the focus here. Any performance aftermarket part has to come from the US or EU.

The cost of shipping a whole exhaust is close to $600. So Im trying to get parts piece by piece starting from hi flow cat and a flexipipe, then header and muffler and do all the piping here.

#9 ·
I didnt know that any of 'em (FS, Borla, Magnaflow) sold resonators seperately. Can u tell me where I can buy them? ( online that is )

#10 ·
I just tried to search a little bit and I couldn't find just the magnaflow resonator...I'm not sure where you would find it...you could try contacting Trubendz.com. They use the 14" Magnaflow resonator when you get a system with one in it. They don't have it for sale separately on their site but maybe they can tell you where you can get it or they can sell it to you...? Or maybe somebody else has a better answer...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.