Focus Fanatics Forum banner

What is your favorite tire brand?

132K views 397 replies 331 participants last post by  Fazerdude 
#1 ·
What is your favorite tire brand?

#2 ·
Im running Yokohama AVS ES 100s E-Spec tires on my good set of wheels and have been pleased with their performance, however when it comes down to it I dont think Im ever going to be spending $600 on tires again, I dont think its THAT big of a difference, Ill just get some mid-range cheaper tires next time

#354 ·
Yeah, just get some cheaper tires. After all, you have 9 lives, so you wont die when the car hydroplanes in the rain, or you can't stop in time for the kid chasing their ball into the street, or you wont be able to avoid the deer that runs out in front of your car, etc.

The moral of the story is, tires are the last thing between you and the road and it is money well spent to get the best tires you can afford.

#4 ·
I spent alot of time looking for good tires, and found these goodyear eagle F1 GS-D3's. Real aggressive pattern, fantastic reviews from several people and they are a Max Performance tire that gets decent tread wear ratings. All I can say is these things were great for what you get, I spent 550 on them, and they are by far and away the nicest tires I've ridden on. They are quieter than even most all-season tires even though they have half as much sidewall as the all seasons I have. They are supremely sticky, wet sticky, dry sticky, you name it they stick to it, but even after about 1000 miles so far, you can barely tell that they've been used. I would suggest them to anyone. Especially people in the Yoko AVS range, I think those are like 100 a piece or something like that and these were only like 110 a piece plus the goodyear name [:)]

#7 ·
Id say value for money FALKEN ZE-326 japanese cant go wrong but if u got money
to burn.Either MICHELIN PILOT PROCEDA or BFGOODRICH G-Force fantastic for handeling
wet wheather or dry comfort,quiet,very good wearing wont beat them.
especially with a GOODYEAR (Because they will only save you once a YEAR) [bash] [slap]

#234 ·
My 2004 ZX5 came with P-6s also, 205/50R16s. They're OK in dry weather but I find them too noisy. They are crap in the wet and snow though an d I don't feel all that safe driving on them.

After 30K miles it is time to replace them probably with Bridgstone potenza G 009s since Yokahama doen't make the Avid TRZ in my size and the Michelin Pilot Exalto A/S is more money than I want to spend.

#11 ·
Djaggy642 said:
PIRELLI P6 are a very good tyre thow kms are very average
sidewalls are weak one thing thow i dont understand how people
say GOODYEARS are good. If u love your car you owe it to the car
put something good on it [cheers]
Why do you think Goodyears are bad? They are a fantastic quality tire, I believe they are the tire of choice for Ferrari (Fiorino tire). And if you check Tire Rack you can see a comparison between the Goodyear Eagle F1 GS-D3, the Bridgestone Potenza S-03 Pole Position and the Michelin Pilot Sport. Go here http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/gy_f1_gs_d3.jsp and here http://www.tirerack.com/tires/tests/gy_f1_gs_d3_charts.html this says some pretty lofty things about Goodyear. Next time, don't just go with a name. Just because 50 Cent mentions Pirelli in his raps, doesn't mean they are the best thing around.

#17 ·
At my dealership, all the Volvo S60 2.5T, T5, and AWD models with 17" wheels come with Pirelli P6's. They seem to be really good and handle really well, especially with the AWD model. I was really suprised when they starting coming on our Foci. After I wear out the Firestones, I may look at getting a set. I've never owned Pirelli's before so I am quite curious. Thanks for allowing me to put my 2 cents in. :)

#19 ·
well i have kumho right now the ecsta supra 712 and i am pretty happy, the rubber isnt sticky , but they were good for 80 a piece!

#21 ·
I love Pirellis' and Goodyear's and Michelin's tires. My favorite for street summer tires is pirelli for durability and performance. Michelin snow tires though they are my favorite snow tires. Goodyear just because I ran nothing but goodyears on the street with my t-trimmed 93 Cobra. Mickey Thompson's on the track though which I can't believe aren't listed.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.