Focus Fanatics Forum banner

ST Rims on an SE?

30K views 28 replies 14 participants last post by  Camerino V 
#1 ·
Hi guys, I'm a prospective Focus owner here and was wondering about upgrading the wheels on an SE. I like the look of the ST wheels but the SE price fits the budget better. Wondering if I bought the ST 18" wheels off ebay would they directly fit on an SE without modification?

Thanks!

#9 ·
Doesn't the Titanium and the ST with the 18" wheels have some kind of stop on the steering rack to keep the wider wheels from hitting the inner wheel wells when turning? Wouldn't an SE owner have to incorporate some kind of stop as well otherwise the wider wheels will rub the wheel wells?

#11 ·
235/40/R18 is oem size

Pennut, I'm running 235s now and have no rubbing issues, it may be that the Titanium 5 spoke 18s had a different offset or something, but 235s run fine with no issues.

#12 ·
Thanks for all the info guys! I ended up getting 4 for $650. Seemed they were going on eBay for $250/each so that was a good deal I thought. I know of course I'll need new tires. I plan on selling the wheels/tires that come with the SE as soon as I get it.

One question, will the TPMS system work fine when I replace these, or do I have to buy new sensors or anything?

#20 ·
Sorry to revive the thread friends, but one last question regarding TPMS. So I got the rims in the mail, they look like they're in great shape. The tires are coming today from tirerack. The question I have is this, do I have to do anything to keep the TPMS system working? Do the rims have that built into the valve stems? If not, could I have the shop pull the TPMS sensors from the current wheels? Sorry I'm so clueless. I guess I'm just uncertain if the wheels I bought already have it built in though I don't know what to look for.

#21 ·
The TPMS are little boxes that have specific valve stems that screw into them. You'd know if you have them on the new wheels. It's likely you don't.

The shop can pull the old TPMS and put them on the new wheels, yes, you'd require new valve stems. If you do it that way, the car will still recognize the system, you needn't do anything.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.