Focus Fanatics Forum banner

big brake kits

4K views 10 replies 9 participants last post by  Magus2727 
#1 ·
Where can i get a decent priced big brake kit for my 2001 focus zx3 I've tryed and still cant find anything. [ffrocks]

#6 ·
K-Sport says 04's and up... so would not work with 01? Looks like their kits also change the bolt pattern?

#8 ·
do a front and rear SVT brake swap using just factory SVT focus components and see how you like that. if you feel like you need more then swap in something like EBC slotted rotors and EBC yellowstuff pads all the way around. that is the setup that i am running and my GOD will it make you stop in a hurry. i have a G-force meter setup in my car and ive recorded 1.1G's in stopping alone and i dont think i was really pushing it yet. on that occasion i ran the car up to about 120mph and started gradually applying brake pressure with the intention of eventually having it mashed to the floor to simply see how good they were. the car came to a complete stop in probably less than 200ft with no brake fade, my eyeballs felt like they were going to pop out of my head, and like i said, i didnt get to completely mash it. to give you an idea the highest G that i have recorded at the drag strip from a launch on drag radials was .65G's.

so what im trying to say is this. STOCK SVT brake swap. front AND rear. try it out, see if you like it like that. braking power will be WAY better than regular focus brakes just with that alone but you will still have significant brake fade when slowing from high speeds. if you want to make brake fade a thing of the past and improve your braking power even further then invest in some EBC slotted rotors and yellowstuff pads. pads are about $250 for front and rear though but if thats what your into then its worth it.

#9 ·
What ever the op gets, he will need svt spindle's or he could use '05 only spindle's w/ '05 ball joints. Then he can add any BBK= svt, tce, baer, brembo, k-sport.

#11 ·
Or power slot. I went with EBC rotors and pads for my SVT fronts. Did not last more than 6 months, doing "normal" road driving. Have swapped out to Power slot with hawk HPS pads and have not had a problem the 7 years since.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.