Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2012 SEL 17" Weight?

2K views 13 replies 4 participants last post by  TiStick 
#1 ·
I have checked the search function here and google to no avail.

How much do the SEL 17" wheels weigh without tires? Not the 17" black painted ones but the standard silver multispoke ones.

I'm just trying to determine if/how much weight Im going to save with my new 19.8lb wheels on order.

#6 ·
I'm very curious about this too. Especially since Enkei says..."Every pound of unsprung weight savings has the effect of reducing overall vehicle weight by 20lbs."

#7 ·
I know the ST Wheels are 25lbs each. Titanium 18's are around 27lbs each.

And I've heard the same thing 2012sel. If I can shave off at least 3lbs off each corner thats 240 "lbs" haha.

#13 ·
TiStick, thanks for trying. And pics of your winter 17's on the car? Can't wait to see them.

also if anyone has the weight of the stock 17's WITH tires I can figure out what the weight of the rim is by just -'ing the weight of the stock Continental ProContacts. Let me know anyone. Id weigh mine but don't take my wheels off myself since I have no tools at my new apartment yet and no scale too. Lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.