Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Will this fit my 05 ST?

869 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  bones33 
#1 ·
http://houston.craigslist.org/pts/3289394338.html

When I bought my car in 09 I though about a SVT suspension mod but had no money and would just waited until it really needed struts. Well it has 117xxx miles on it now but still does not really need struts but this appears to be a really good price. So will this fit my car or is there some other package out there I should be looking at. It has been awhile since I have considered doing this and don't know if anything new has shown up I should be considering. An answer plus any helpful comments would be appreciated.

Future thanks
Me

#2 ·
Yes, that kit should fit any 00-05 Foci (excepting a wagon). That's a pretty good price as well. And by the way, you needed new struts at least 50K miles ago. 117K miles equals a dead shock/strut. Struts and shocks usually wear very subtly. The wear is so slow that owners easily adapt to it and think everything is just fine. Too many rely on the old bounce test which isn't valid with a gas charged shock. The only real test is to remove it and see if the shaft is providing any damping ability. Bilstein reports that a shock/strut loses 50% of its damping ability in the first half of its life. Most shocks have an effective 50 to 60K mile lifespan (some a little more some a little less). That means they're half worn out in 25 to 30 thousand miles. Think about that.

#3 ·
Welcome jazzbot. As Geezer has said, those will most likely fit your '05, and that is a great price. As I understand it, Ford, in its infinite wisdom, changed the suspension at sometime late in the '05 model year. I know that package will not fit '06 or '07 without an Omni kit from Massive. I have the same SVT suspension on my '05 ST, and I love it. It is a perfect upgrade for an ST used as a DD. Good luck, and enjoy.

#4 ·
First post. Just bought an '05 ST and am really impressed with the Focus.
Thanks for the opinion on the SVT package on the '05 ST. Mine has about 120K miles and is in need of a suspension refresh.

Is the SVT rear sway bar larger than the stock ST rear bar? The car seems pretty balanced as it is. (I admit it still has the mismatched tires though).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.