Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Opinions on Wheels?

2K views 16 replies 13 participants last post by  PSUrivie 
#1 ·
I was thinking about getting a set of these for my Sterling Grey 2012 hatch. what do you guys think?

See less See more
#2 ·
There's these ones too.

I might just run them for winter too, so should I get 17's or 16's?

#3 ·
I like the motegi's, but you see them on a lot of imports here in Seattle. I personally think that the Grey ones would look better on your car. Have you looked at tirerack.com? They have a HUGE selection.

I can't really speak to winter vs summer, I just use chains when I need to, but I'm on stock steelies

#8 ·
Moved to "Wheels, Tires, Brakes & Suspension - Sponsored By Tire Rack"

#11 ·
Wheel use in harsh weather/elements should not be a concern if they are properly painted and cared for. Naturally, the simpler the design (like the Motegi's in this case) should be easier to keep clean (as well as occasionally waxed). Cheaper wheels unfortunately, tend to use cheaper thinner coatings (powder, paint, clear coat, etc.) so that's something to keep in mind.

#14 ·
seems there's a plethora of god awful wheels for this car. but not many attractive, or attractive and light options. i guess because of the unusual bolt pattern. 5x108 is shared with some volvo fitments right?

i like the Sparco Assetto wheels though, a bit heavy, but a lot better looking than anything else ive found other than the stock 5 spoke 18's. and they come in a bunch of colors. usually im against 18" wheels because of weight, and its not necessary for brake clearance. but with the stock rolling diameter of the tires, even 17's look small.

here's some ideas for the sparcos

Sparco Assetto - White - 18"
Sparco Assetto - Black - 18"
Sparco Assetto - Gold - 17" (not available in 18")
Sparco Assetto - Matte Grey - 18"

and i like crazy flashy shit, so why not this too lol. all you ken block monster fanbois will love this.

Sparco Assetto - Green - 18"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.