Focus Fanatics Forum banner

SVT Focus ball joints, serviceable?

8K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  2GreenAutos 
#1 ·
Are the ball joints serviceable or do you have to replace the whole control arm? Thanks!

#9 ·
Maybe I don't know where to look then. A control arm is double the price of the Moog ball joint which is already almost $80. There's no bushing noise from the front so I don't think the bushings are bad. I don't even know if the ball joint is bad, just planning ahead a little.

#15 ·
Moog isn't a crap parts supplier, and TBH neither is movitech. The Internet just deals in lower margins than physical stores do. The markup on auto parts is HUGE in retail to make up for the commission payments all the way up the food chain.

Some generic parts are still total crap, but in 2012 most of the generic brands are just ODMs since most OEMs don't make anything anymore.

#19 ·
Rockauto.com

If you search you can find 5% off discount codes too.

Seriously though, I tried to drill and knock out the rivets and ended up selling the ball joints and buying the whole control arm. Much easier, worth every penny. And Moog is a top teir brand. They call many of their suspension parts "problem solvers". In most cases better than Ford parts.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.