Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Current Promotions!

12K views 28 replies 14 participants last post by  SteezMuffin 
#1 ·
#3 ·
Hey Trev, Whats up? Very temping= sending out thou mini catolog's. I see K/W has a 250.00 rebate & Koni has 20 percent off thru May 31. Ever figure out a set of struts that would work w/ a lot of the lowering springs out there= Like the sportlines & similiar?

#4 ·
Yeah, we have some good promotions going on right now. The KW promotion starts April 1st. Unfortunately still no word from Koni on Shocks/Struts of the 06+ platform. I'll let you know as soon as I hear from them.

#8 ·
Looking for 2004 SVT Suspension Upgrade...

Trevor,

I have a 2004 SVT 5-door and am looking for a suspension upgrade. I put a Flying Miata suspension on my 97 Miata and now the SVT just doesn't feel right!

What can you tell me/recommend? I was leaning toward coil-overs, but I'm not really sure why. I am also looking for new tires - Star Specs on the Miata, but I don't plan to Autocross the SVT, so might want something that will give me a few more miles (I run Blizzaks in the central Illinois winter).

Anyone else have input - let me know!

Thanks - RRCastle

#9 ·
Trevor,

I have a 2004 SVT 8-door and am looking for a suspension upgrade. I put a Flying Miata suspension on my 97 Miata and now the SVT just doesn't feel right!

What can you tell me/recommend? I was leaning toward coil-overs, but I'm not really sure why. I am also looking for new tires - Star Specs on the Miata, but I don't plan to Autocross the SVT, so might want something that will give me a few more miles (I run Blizzaks in the central Illinois winter).

Anyone else have input - let me know!

Thanks - RRCastle
Are you serious about having an 8 door SVTf?
Have your considered the FRPP springs instead? They're plug and play with a 2 or 4 door SVTf. Also tire rack has sales on Koni's and KYB's check it out in their site.

#22 ·
Hey Trevor, I have a question or two for you. I am at broke college student status at the moment so I want to lower my '01 Focus ZX3 about 1.5". I found the Eibach Pro-Kit Spring set for $205.00. I curious is this will mount with my stock dampers and still work decently well? because I don't have the cash to do the full dampers, anti roll, and spring set yet. I will probably buy the Eibach dampers to match in the soon future. would it still work pretty well as in improving my handling? would i have any issues on the stock damper set? would it still lower it and 1.5" on stock dampers? and if this won't work or i shouldn't do this, what would you suggest? Thank you [thumb]
SilverZX3

#23 ·
Silver - The 1.5" is an average lower you should expect, might be a bit more, might be a bit less. As for using the OE struts, the reason it's best to replace them is because when you lower the car you are compressing them more then they are designed to be compressed when the car is just sitting there. You are basically losing out on the extra inch or so of travel they are designed to move and absorb bumps.

Will they still work? Yes, but they are much more prone to bottoming out and may go bad sooner because they are constantly being overworked. You will still see improved performance because of the lower ride height, and I would definitely get a sport shock when the time comes, but for now, this would get you by and give you the look you want.

Let me know if you need anything, and I hope this helps.

Julian

#24 ·
im new to the focus world. better yet i have a newer focus which doesnt have a great deal of aftermarket parts for. what type of suspension drops do you have for a 2008 SE?? also im at almost broke college student status right now so cheaper is better. thanks for your time.

#27 ·
living in southeastern wisconsin, we get really unpredictable winters. i am trying to decide if i really need snow tires, or just really good all seasons, seeing as "most" days the roads are just wet and more salt covered than anything, but there are quite a few days that there are more than a few inches of snow on the roads...
What would really justify the reasoning to buying a snow tire over an all season?

#28 ·
If you have summer rubber on your wheels then getting winter/snow tires would be the way to go, there are no trade offs when you have rubber specific to each season.

All season tires do not do the winter or summer experience nearly as well as dedicated tires.

If you're on a budget and can't afford to buy both summer and winter tires, then consider all season tires. While you're at it, a really good all season tire is the Continental DWS - (Dry, Wet, Snow).

Good luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.