940 91-98
960 94-00
C70 98-00
60 Series 00-03
70 Series 98-03
90 Series 98-00
XC90 03

In my opinion the best wheel and tire calculator. Tire Calculator

Snow is just around the corner in the northern states, thought this might come in handy.

See less See more
#2 ·
You wouldn't happen to have the offset values for the OEM wheels, would you?

It'd be nice to put together a sticky where people can report on the aftermarket wheels they've tried/bought and what exactly will fit. These days it's much harder to get a wheel that'll fit with the ludicrously high offsets they're requiring. I'd love to know how much backspacing we have to work with, and how much space outward of the hub we have.

Thankfully the relative rarity (as if that's anything to be happy with) of the 5x108 bolt pattern means that nearly every wheel built with it has a very high positive offset.

#4 ·
The only offset value I could find was for the 16X7 wheel and that value is 55mm. I could only assume that the 17X7 would be the same.

I'm a weight savings kind of guy. Especially when it comes to rotational mass. Any chance of getting the weight of any of these wheels?
I am taking my summer tires off today. I will weigh one and subtract the tire weight. (They are the 17" Painted Wheels)

#3 ·
I'm a weight savings kind of guy. Especially when it comes to rotational mass. Any chance of getting the weight of any of these wheels?

Reactions: Arco-Zakus
#7 ·
Also, can we please, please keep this thread here instead of damning it to Wheels, Tires, Brakes & Suspension purgatory, where no 3rd Gen owners will ever look?

#8 ·
There are other sections of this site? o_O haha, jk

+1! After all, it IS 2012 specific.

#10 ·
If memory serves, the stock 18" rims are 45mm offset. My new wheels are 40mm and they fit perfectly, even with the 1" drop.

#11 ·
Are there any difference in brake rotor diameter between the trim levels?
I.e., will the 15" oem wheels fit on a titanium trim car?

#12 ·
I think the 15 X 6 is wrong. I think it is 15 X 6-1/2.

Also, it might be that the 16 X 6-1/2 is actually a 16 X 6, strange as that may be. I certainly could be wrong, here. I say this 'cause the 215/55-16 tires that are on an SE, versus the 195/65-15 tires that are on an S -- stick out a whole lot more than a section size difference of 10mm per side!

Note that all of these wheels are about 63.9mm hub bore I think. They are all hub-centric.

The Volvo rims which are 5 X 108 Bolt Circle Diameter (BCD) are 65.1mm hub bore. You need those special hub spacer rings to make up this difference. Those would be pretty darned thin hub spacers! You must have the wheels properly fixed on the hubs!

#20 ·
Hmm, I see I could 'borrow' my father's wheels from his Continental to change things up. [shhh]

#24 ·
Agreed that this should be a sticky. Take that stupid "bordumb" thread out of the stickies and put this one in its place.

So what is the center bore for the third gen? 64.5mm?

#25 ·
Center bore on these cars is 63.4 mm.

In my direct experience on my own cars, it only makes a huge difference in steering feel and tracking if you change the offset drastically. like changing your offset by 2 inches to get that hellaflush look.

Most folks would not even notice a difference if the offset changed 10-15mm. I havent done the math but im guessing the track width alone on all the new 2012 focus tire options varies by at least that much or more.

a little lower offset if you are upgrading wheels is not a big deal. You get a wider track width. If you are having tracking issues, check your alignment, it may be within spec but that hardly means its accurate or straight.
Correct. I sell wheels for a living (I work for Enkei). I deal with all sorts of people that want all sorts of results from their wheel/tire setup. As long as you're keeping width reasonable and offset stays relatively high, you will be just fine. You'll start running in to handling problems if you get to a point that you're having to stretch a tire on to get it to sit under the fender or if you're having to add 3 or 4 degrees or negative camber to get the wheels/tires to stay under the fender.

#34 ·
OEM Wheel Sizes:
15X6
16X6.5
16X7
17X7
18X8

OEM Tire Sizes:
195/65R15
215/55R16
215/50R17
235/40R18
Hey, is it just me who see's a number of non sport-package equipped / steel wheel equipped SE sedans, which have a much more bulbous sidewall, with their 16" steelies, than the S cars (they are all sedans), with their 15" steelies?

The tire section width increase -- 20 mm (over the 195's on the 15" wheels) gives a hell of a lot more sidewall bulge than the 195's on 15.

There's 20mm more tire section width, on supposedly 12.7mm more rim width. That's 7.3 mm more bulge... i.e. 3.65mm more bulge per side.

I don't see that as even visible, noticeable. That's just over 1/8th of an inch.

Therefore, I think the 15" steelies are 6.5" wide.

Y'all may not care.... but I would conclude that the 15" steelie equipped S sedan, handles more tautly than a non-Sport Package SE sedan.... As for the Hatches, I would bet that they get slightly wider wheels, in steel...

#36 ·
Hey whatever happened to this stock rim? I think these were on the Focus I rented last summer. Maybe they were only used on fleet units? Not sure if they're 16s or 17s but I like them better than the standard rims on the SEL and Ti.
They're 16". You can find them on eBay or whatnot still.

EDIT: Although some listings say they're 17". Hmm...not sure now.

#38 ·
Can anyone verify the offset on the 18x8 wheels is 45mm? I know Ford limits the steering range on the 18s because of issues with the size of these wheels in the wells.

I may be looking into getting a set of 18x8s with a 49mm offset, and with a higher offset I feel like it'd be even more of an issue with the wheels/tires hitting suspension parts or the fender liner. I'd be running 225/40 tires, though, so maybe that'd help. If this turns out to be a headache then I'll stick with 17s, but with the ST getting 18s from the factory I wonder how they're gonna do it.

#42 ·
Anyone know the bolt thread size for our hubs? And what type of seat the stock bolts use? (Conical, round or flat?)

I picked up a set of Jaguar wheels and want to have everything all set before I put them on. The Jag wheels look to use a flat bolt seat.

#43 ·
I went with 17x7 and a 45 offset. I'm running 235x40's. I also lowered the car on coil overs and have no problems. I dropped it around 2 inches. I have full lock to lock turning with no rubbing. I have the rear set at -2 degree camber so they will fit under the fenders.

#48 ·
Hello, 1st post.

I did a search but couldn't find an answer to this question: does anybody know the paint code for 16" sport package wheels on the 2012?

My wheels sustained some curb rash, and after a little sanding job they went from looking like this:

to this:

Obviously they need a little touch-up paint job now. I don't care about making it look perfect, since I'll hopefully be upgrading to 17's soon and need them just in good enough shape for somebody looking to buy a set of winter wheels.

Thanks for the help.

#49 ·
Pretty sure the ST gets 19's and 245 tires.

This guy's running 19's and 20's with no problems
http://www.loder1899.de/en/fahrzeug_3_2288.html

When you get a wider wheel, you want a lower offset and a narrower tire to push the wheels out further from the hub and make sure you clear the inner fender.

I plan on running a conservative set-up: 18x8 +45 with 225/45/18's. No drop til warranty expires.

We can run 235's (Titanium factory width) but I want to keep my gas mileage close to where it's at.

Check these out:
http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/Whee...lse&filterNew=All&filterWeight=All&sort=Brand

Doing it.

#51 ·
Anyone know what the stud length is on our cars? I can't exactly tell from this pic and I don't have the time or patience to go out to my car and check. [:eek:]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.