Focus Fanatics Forum banner

help me with my wheels

1K views 18 replies 10 participants last post by  01Turbozx3 
#1 ·
ok im drivn my self nuts looking for a wheel that i want. i have all black focus, im looking for something in an 18 to fill the wheel well. Help me decide which wheel to get b4 i pull my hair out! if u know of other places with cheap prices or have other wheel suggestions let me know. :)

See less See more
#5 ·
#1 would be better if it had a chrome or machined lip. too much black though, and its flat, and you've got a black focus, it'd just all blend TOO much.

#2 would look great. bronze on black, oooh yeah.

here's my suggestion though, i've got these in 17"s, tirerack still has them stocked in 18"s, they'd look good on the black focus imo b/c the lip and the center would break things up nicely.

#13 ·
go with the bronze. that's the 2nd black hatch i've seen today on the site with bronze rims, don't think the 1st were the same rims but it had some bronze ones...just the best look imo for the black car.

#16 ·
FYI...an "appropriately" sized 18" tire and wheel combo is NOT going to fill the wheel well and more than a stock 15", 16" or 17" for that matter, because the end result is that the overall diameter of the tire is the same. There are lots of downsides with larger wheels like unsprung weight and increased rotational mass. Both play heck on acceleration, stopping, and suspension components. Larger wheels are losers both economically and from a performance standpoint. But each to his own as they say, just understand that bigger is not better in this case.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.