Focus Fanatics Forum banner

5 Lug Conversion?

47K views 33 replies 25 participants last post by  RockLeetaijutsu26 
#1 ·
is there any way to do a 5 lug conversion on a focus? i know it doesnt have a solid axle like the old fox bodies but i would love to have a 5 lug conversion and some black/chrome lip staggared fr500 wheels.

#3 ·
A more standard bolt pattern would be sooooo much easier....

I remember seeing a post a little while where some dude re-drilled his rear drum and front hubs on a VW to fit 5 bolts. It was done by a machine shop of course... and it would have to be 100% perfect.

It would probably end up costing more overall but at least you would have a broader choice of rims locally.

#7 ·
Does anyone know more about this? I'm really interested in going to 5x114 pattern. (Brake and wheel choices are huge in this size) Please let me know. :)

#8 ·
it is possable, you just need to change the entire suspension to mazda 3 stuff! I mean everything, lower arm, spindle, hubs, strut (have to keep the Focus Upper mount) brakes and so on. Oh and you would have to get the axles from the "3" as well, but you would have to brake them down and combine the "3" and Focus axles, Focus Inner shaft with a "3" outer stub shaft. In the rear, you would need the blade control arm, spindle, hubs, brakes and so on. Rear shocks and springs dont matter as the do not mount to the hub. Hope that helps.

#10 ·
U posted in a 2 year old post lol. Most guys redrill there hubs to the bolt pattern u want. Example buy new hubs and bearings(doesn't hurt since everything is off) redrill the new hub for 5x114 install new arp wheel studs. 2nd thing u also have to redrill ur rotors in the same pattern(so they fit the new 5x114 hub). I will be doing this soon also. My plan buy 4 new wheel hub/bearings,20 arp wheel studs,new front & rear rotors,and pads while im in there. Ur looking at $200-600 in parts depending on setup. But u open up a world wait make that a universe of wheel options(other than custom wheels) vs 4x108

#12 ·
Posted via FF Mobile
Yep the '12s are 5x108!

#17 ·
or 4X114.3?

Yes you can do 5 lug, my car has it. Redrilled hubs. Although it is sitting on a 4x114.3 setup right now.

#19 ·
They make conversion kits. 200 bucks for all four. They just bolt on to your hubs. You just have to take into account they are 2" thick... Lol

RoadrunnerSVT
I know this is a long shot since its been almost a year... but you happen to know where you can buy these kits? I need new wheels and SVT wheels around here are expensive as hell (I could get a new set of volks for what they want me to pay for the 5 spokes), and all the other 4x108 are hideous and from not so reputable brands...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.