Slaying the Dragon....with video - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge > Video Showroom

Video Showroom Post videos of your ride, or other car vids you just love.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-26-2004, 05:47 PM   #1
Cashed in my chips

Fan#: 8133
What I Drive: notafocus

FF Reputation: 4 revamp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (7)
Talking Slaying the Dragon....with video

Ok....here we go, thanks to my buddy jb10fan!

Okay, so Donille and I (and my sister and brother-in-law) took a drive down route 129 in Tennessee and North Carolina...a little section of road known as the Dragon's Tail. This road has 318 curves in 11 miles and attracts sport car and motorbike enthusiasts from all over the country. Well, Donille's SVT handled like a champ! (Thank God for the new tires!) We all had a blast, except my Bro in law who didn't want to take the Dramamine and ended up not feeling too well. Here's a quick video of one (of the two) motorcycles that just pulled over to let us pass. Yup, we were outrunning bikes out there!

One condition of him hosting this video for me is that you all "right click" the link and "Save as", when viewing it.

Dragon's Tail Video (right-click and save-as)

Here's a quick pic, though...

Last edited by revamp; 10-13-2004 at 11:51 PM.
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2004, 07:22 PM   #2
Focus Addict

Fan#: 2137
What I Drive: 2000 Bright Amber Metallic ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 slammedfoci Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
AAAHHH, man
PERFORMANCE:Aem cai, Aem air bypass valve, Autolite double platinum plugs,Ford Racing 9mm plug wires, Full magnaflow cat back exhaust, Fc race header, Focus Central Flex Pipe, Fc 65mm throttel body ,Fc strut brace, Prothane lower mount inserts, Prothane front and rear swaybar bushings and rear endlink kit, Fc spark plug cover
EXTERIOR: Aerospeed lowering springs, Sidemarkers, Svt upper grill, 03 Grey Headlights, Flat Black Stock 15s, APC Gen. 2 Mirrors, Euroglow Xenon Headlights
INTERIOR: Fc short shifter, Auto meter duel a-piller guage pod, Auto meter phantom oil pressure and Volt gauges, Ford racing tach w/shift light, SVT alum. pedals, Rear seat removed
Old 09-26-2004, 10:00 PM   #3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 8231
What I Drive: 2004 Sonic Blue SVT 3-Door

FF Reputation: 1 jb10fan Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Re: Slaying the Dragon....with video

Quote:
Originally posted by revamp
Edited....pending video hosting solution
I can host it for you, e-mail me jb23fan@earthlink.net
Old 10-13-2004, 11:52 PM   #4
Cashed in my chips

Check the original post! Video now included!
Old 10-14-2004, 02:11 AM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 9785
What I Drive: 04 Infra-Red ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 Dragon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
I musta been nappin
Old 10-14-2004, 02:12 AM   #6
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 12930
What I Drive: 2002 SVT Focus, 01 Silverado Z71

FF Reputation: 1 RockyNBullwinkle Good Standing Member
I don't mean to burst your bubble but that rider on the bike sucked. SVT or not a focus will not out run a bike in the twisties. You can never tell now a days what type of rider is on a bike, had it been me I would have passed you on the inside after I let you pass me. There are too many young riders out there that go out and buy a shit hot bike but don't know how to ride. h3ll I would of taken you on the outside.

Nice video though, I just couldn't live with that comment.
Old 10-14-2004, 08:38 AM   #7
Focus Addict

Fan#: 7850
What I Drive: 07 Infiniti G35 6mt coupe silver

FF Reputation: 1 focusedintentions Good Standing Member
I second you rocky on the bikes....ever since Biker Boyz and Torque came out, they've ruined what it means to ride. PS..i hate hayabusa's....congrats to anybody that owns one, your bike can go in a straight line fast, woohoo, how bout you follow me around a turn?
My SVT is #604 of 1079
One of 104 with EAP
Old 10-14-2004, 09:17 AM   #8
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1093
What I Drive: 2007 Nissan Sentra SER Spec V

FF Reputation: 1 R&DSVTZX5 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Great Video and that SVTF was just too hot! Minus all the bugs off the front end.

We had a blast, everyone should drive a road like that at least once in their life, it's such a thrill and the site's were beautiful.

Yes there were quite a few bikes there, and yes some did not know how to ride, we got behind one particular one that not only did not pull over, but was unstable on his riding, or so it seemed. I will not go into detail about the stupid SUV drivers that drove like they were on a tour. *rolleyes* LOL!

Now before the bike talk brings this thread off topic, yes I'm aware that a SVTF can't out run, nor out handle a bike, my ex has a bike, believe you me I've tried to race him out of fun with no such luck what so ever, even on a head start.

Besides it was just a matter of respect for a driver to pull over on that road and let the faster traffic pass, hence why the bike pulled over in the first place.

Now to get back on topic, my girl revamp got some skills, taking the turns like a pro, getting a good feel for the road and the car Amanda took on the Dragon's Tail with no problems. I more so enjoyed hanging on for dear life, listening to Sarah scream out her excited/scared profanity from the back seat while Amanda was driving. Really it was a great adventure, one of the best I've ever experienced. Thanks Girlie!

"Why ask, when the answer you hear is not what you wish to hear, nor the answer you were seeking?"
Old 10-14-2004, 10:56 AM   #9
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 12930
What I Drive: 2002 SVT Focus, 01 Silverado Z71

FF Reputation: 1 RockyNBullwinkle Good Standing Member
ROFL 'Hanging on for dear life'

I like that, Anytime one of my friends gets in my car it's time to show them why I bought the car, CAUSE IT HANDLES LIKE A CHAMP. They always ask why there are oh shit handles everywhere in the car. I let them figure it out for themselves. Nice video, I'll see if I can't get some of the mountain going up 259 to Smithville from Poteau in Oklahoma.

From the video it looks as though she's a well equipped driver, she picked a line in the corners and stuck to it. That's one of the most important things, tracking through that corner and making the car go where you want it to.

PEACE
Old 10-14-2004, 10:59 AM   #10
Cashed in my chips

Donille was the one driving in those segments, I was the one trying to hold onto the camera and remain upright at the same time. My apologies for my moment of distraction when the biker pulled over. LOL I was watching him and forgot i was filming for a few seconds...

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.