Video comp. of the Focus... - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > General Car Chat Lounge > Video Showroom

Video Showroom Post videos of your ride, or other car vids you just love.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-10-2010, 03:26 PM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 50708
What I Drive: 2003 Yellow Powerworks Focus

FF Reputation: 4 benfxtx Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Talking Video comp. of the Focus...

Originally put this quick video together together for a job application, however, it looks like they are going to make the position part-time (as-needed) rather than their original intent, so looks like I lose. Anyway, video isn't perfect, haven't been editing/capturing video in 6 or so years, but since upgrading to a Canon 7D, I can finally start capturing and editing again.

Only had an hour of daylight to get this footage, and there was a decent amount of it that wasn't very usable. Also, seeing as I wasn't going to let someone else "beat" on my car, the spirited driving scenes were captured by a friend of mine, who had never used a DSLR before, so, let it be known that that portion of the video could have def. been better, and I know.

Lemme know what you think!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TPbCEjfRWJc

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-10-2010, 03:33 PM   #2
RB25 = Amazing

Fan#: 62344
What I Drive: 2003 Infra Red SVT ZX5, 1991 240sx

FF Reputation: 5 SVTflyer03 Good Standing Member
Moved to Video showroom!

I like it though! I think it was done nicely. I like the car as well!

SVTf 5-door #892 out of about 2200

Hi
Old 11-10-2010, 03:39 PM   #3
WRX/Focus:)

Fan#: 76864
What I Drive: 04 WRB WRX / 00 se zxw

Points 14,826, Level 78
Points: 14,826, Level: 78 Points: 14,826, Level: 78 Points: 14,826, Level: 78
Level Up 94% Completed
Level up: 94% Level up: 94% Level up: 94%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 33 Djzx3 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
You sir, need to be making car commercials. Totally sick please make more?
HN #17
D23 crew-#1
Old 11-10-2010, 03:49 PM   #4
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVTflyer03 View Post
Moved to Video showroom!

I like it though! I think it was done nicely. I like the car as well!

Ahh, I'm a mental midget sometimes. Thanks for moving it, and thanks for the compliment!

Quote:
Originally Posted by djzx3 View Post
You sir, need to be making car commercials. Totally sick please make more?
Thanks a lot! I'll def. be making more car videos when it starts getting nice out again, and I expect that they will be much improved over this one.
Old 11-10-2010, 04:03 PM   #5
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 45311
What I Drive: 2004 Silver SVT

Points 5,530, Level 47
Points: 5,530, Level: 47 Points: 5,530, Level: 47 Points: 5,530, Level: 47
Level Up 90% Completed
Level up: 90% Level up: 90% Level up: 90%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 24 Jgrove998 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (13)
Sick man.
1988 F150 Custom
'07 ST ; formally bewst'd - R.I.P
Old 11-10-2010, 04:22 PM   #6
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 50250
What I Drive: '04 ZX3, 2.3L Duratec

FF Reputation: 7 CapnGnarly Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
1) What kind of steadycam rig were you using? Was that a hand-held or body mount? Also, was there jibbing involved or were you just stretching.

2) What job were you applying for? Video production? Or something more car related?

3) Nice car, I like that spoiler very much so. Is it for sale? :P

4) Learn which way your focus (on your lens) moves. (that's a joke, I'm just not a fan of pushed or pulled focus in the wrong way at all, if you see me do it, it's cause someone else was shooting or editing)
Team Duratec #333
Old 11-10-2010, 05:00 PM   #7
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnGnarly View Post
1) What kind of steadycam rig were you using? Was that a hand-held or body mount? Also, was there jibbing involved or were you just stretching.

2) What job were you applying for? Video production? Or something more car related?

3) Nice car, I like that spoiler very much so. Is it for sale? :P

4) Learn which way your focus (on your lens) moves. (that's a joke, I'm just not a fan of pushed or pulled focus in the wrong way at all, if you see me do it, it's cause someone else was shooting or editing)
1. Handheld - Glidecam 2000 Pro. Was my frist time using it. With practice it will def get better, however, I borrowed this one from a friend. I'm looking at a body mount, but $1700 is about the bottom of the starting price for those, so I have to save some loot before I get that. Handheld, the Merlin seems really solid, but I'd really like a body mount.

I was just stretching for the drop down from over top. I'm 6'2", and I have pretty long arms, so I got some decent height. It'd be nice to have a jib setup, along with tons of other video stuff for the DSLR, but, I have to build it up slowly. I upgraded from 40D, so I was just doing photos before. I have a lot of photo stuff to buy yet, so the video stuff is just adding onto the already astronomical amount of money I have to spend yet...lol.

2. Job was going to be video/photo stuff for a performance car group, and it was also going to entail some online sales for them as well, however, after their trip to SEMA this year, they had talked to some well known video companies out there and decided it might be a better use of their money to hire someone on an "as-needed" basis, rather then full time. They are still figuring everything out, but, it's not looking like it's going to be a full time position anymore = ( Guess I'll just have to wait and see.

3. Spoiler is the '99 Viking WRC Replica'. They don't make them anymore, pretty hard to find, and no, sorry, not for sale ; )

3. I only did the glide cam shots. The driving stuff was done by a friend who had never used a DSLR before. The shots after the driving were mine tho. Are you talking about the fade from focus onto the car and then the fade out to the sunset? Just curious...
Old 11-10-2010, 09:06 PM   #8
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 50250
What I Drive: '04 ZX3, 2.3L Duratec

FF Reputation: 7 CapnGnarly Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by benfxtx View Post
3. I only did the glide cam shots. The driving stuff was done by a friend who had never used a DSLR before. The shots after the driving were mine tho. Are you talking about the fade from focus onto the car and then the fade out to the sunset? Just curious...
I was talking about some of the driving stuff being out of focus while the car was in motion, then going further out of focus before reversing the roll on the lens to bring it into focus. I know it's a fad right now, but I hate that look.
Team Duratec #333
Old 11-10-2010, 10:05 PM   #9
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnGnarly View Post
I was talking about some of the driving stuff being out of focus while the car was in motion, then going further out of focus before reversing the roll on the lens to bring it into focus. I know it's a fad right now, but I hate that look.
Ya, I didn't film any of that...that was my friend who had never used a DSLR before. Also, I don't have a fluid head yet, so he was trying to use my photo head, and again, he's never used one while shooting video. I did what I could with what I had. I'll have to shoot someone else's car in the spring.
Old 11-10-2010, 10:34 PM   #10
Turböner

Fan#: 70225
What I Drive: 2002 VW GTI

Points 166,991, Level 100
Points: 166,991, Level: 100 Points: 166,991, Level: 100 Points: 166,991, Level: 100
Level Up 0% Completed
Level up: 0% Level up: 0% Level up: 0%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 33 WiscoGTI Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
That was pretty sweet. Not gonna lie.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.