A good reason to regulate types of cars minors drive.... - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Discussions > Ford Focus & General Car Chat > Video Showroom

Video Showroom Post videos of your ride, or other car vids you just love.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2007, 08:38 PM   #1
I.S.A.I.K.I.

Fan#: 6009
What I Drive: '03 CD Silver SVT, '11 Mazda CX-9

FF Reputation: 112 Peregrine Excellent Standing Member Peregrine Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
A good reason to regulate types of cars minors drive....

Check this video out of what happens when you get behind the wheel of a car that's too big for your britches....

http://www.myfoxchicago.com/myfox/pa...Y&pageId=1.1.1

I can't imagine what the family of the two rear passengers are going through right now....

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2007, 08:53 PM   #2
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17718
What I Drive: 03 CD Silver ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 t_bone_c34 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
I dont think it has anything to do with minors, ignorance is ignorance, no matter the age. Sad none the less.

This Lambo once tried to race me. Yea thats right, I said tried... Because he didn't know about my Turbonator.
Old 01-28-2007, 08:58 PM   #3
I.S.A.I.K.I.

FF Reputation: 112 Peregrine Excellent Standing Member Peregrine Excellent Standing Member
If that were my kid, his/her first car wouldn't be operate outside their own abilities, is what I'm trying to point out.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:04 PM   #4
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 18237
What I Drive: 2006 infra red ST

FF Reputation: 1 tungfumaster Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Those looked like srt4 wheels and I would NEVER put my child in one of those, that's just asking for heartache.
ST Crew #30
1990 SHO (gone), 1992 SHO (gone), 1999 Lincoln Continental (crushed), 2000 ZX2 (gone), 2004 Duratec PZEV, 2006 Infra Red ST, 2009 Focus SE Sport, 2010 Fusion Sport FWD (gone), 2011 Fusion Sport AWD.
ST Dyno 139/139
Old 01-28-2007, 09:06 PM   #5
Focus Addict

Fan#: 17718
What I Drive: 03 CD Silver ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 t_bone_c34 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by InfraRedHB View Post
If that were my kid, his/her first car wouldn't be operate outside their own abilities, is what I'm trying to point out.
Oh I understand completely. My kid is going to get the biggest pile of garbage a whole 300$ can afford . Either that or a Volvo...

And yes, Im pretty sure that that is a SRT-4

This Lambo once tried to race me. Yea thats right, I said tried... Because he didn't know about my Turbonator.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:07 PM   #6
FF Cleaning Squad

Fan#: 4322
What I Drive: All Focus' sold

FF Reputation: 63 focusin Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
DAMN!!

Thats crazy and I think tunfu is right those are SRT-4 wheels.

I'm buying my kids a base model car power nothing and a AUTO tranny (IF I dont decide to make them work for it, hell i had to) they will learn to respect a car before I even THINK about co signing them for anything.
GumpCrew #1 (dismantled)
Old 01-28-2007, 09:21 PM   #7
I.S.A.I.K.I.

I just caught the news on TV that showed the accident. Drag racing and alcohol is under suspicion, but more than likely it was a dragging event.

The news also showed that the black SRT-4 launched 8 feet into the air striking the tree that ripped it in half.

The guy riding shotgun was the only one who was able to get up and walk out of the crash unscathed.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:45 PM   #8

Fan#: 38127
What I Drive: 2003 Liquid Grey ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 ryansxe Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
Wow, my girlfriend used to live a few houses down from one of those guys. Looks like that tree cut through that thing like a hot knife through butter.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:48 PM   #9
I.S.A.I.K.I.

I'm somewhat familiar with that area around Midway Airport, but not by much.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:55 PM   #10
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 11226
What I Drive: 1991 BMW 318is

FF Reputation: 20 SVT_BMXer Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (17)
I personally don't think it has anything to do with age. You put an idiot behind the wheel of a highpowered car and things like this happen. One day when I have kids and they get thier first car, I plan on buying them a nice car but also making sure they know and respect the privelege of driving and teach them how to drive properly. But who knows when/if I'll have kids.

Current:1991 BMW 318is: Bilstein sports, H&R springs, TMS chip, UUC short shifter, dyna-max muffler

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.