Focus Fanatics Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Word to the wise www.hypillauto.com is a RIP OFF *LOCKED*

16K views 173 replies 48 participants last post by  S2 
#1 · (Edited)
Word to the wise www.hypillauto.com is a RIP OFF

Dear Wayne,
Hopefully you will do the right thing and shut down that worthless website of yours.
After countless attempts to work with you I have had no choice but to have the fraud protection ticket punched on my credit card. Of course, this was only after I had to file a mountain of paperwork and produce all transcripts of our interaction-which btw from your end, did not amount to much.

A word to the wise:
For all focusfanatic users that are interested in purchasing a tune or performance mod for your car, I highly recommend you shop elsewhere. Ironically, his website will more then willingly take your money like a fart in a hurricane, but good luck getting answers out of him afterwards.

Man up Wayne Foy
Scott Fulton RE: Order # 205

#4 ·
why not. i believe that if he has every right to speak out on customer service. what are we only suppose to make post of the positive aspect of the sponsors? from hearing this and things from others, i doubt i will ever do business with wayne. hey may have a great product but his customer relations suck.

#5 ·
Re: Word to the wise www.hypillauto.com is a RIP OFF

y2kc0wb0y said:
his website will more then willingly take your money like a fart in a hurricane
I'm not going to take sides about this, but MAN.... that was a very humorous simile. Gotta give you credit for that one.

But don't worry, Jaimz.... I am sure Daeron will show up soon and delete this post, making sure it never existed.

#7 ·
there is a reason this section is on the website. people need to know.

#9 ·
no i just kinda think it's uncalled for that the orginal post is directed at insulting hypnotic and personnally insulting wayne.

where as the original post never once states anything about what happened how long it's been happening nothing. just a bunch of

"you suck i hate you blow me" kinda stuff. it's uncalled for. maybe a sinceble post about the problem and what actions where taken by y2kc0wb0y to try to fix it himself before making this post.

#10 ·
I see what you're saying there Jaimz... and like I said, I am not taking anyone's side in this... but you have to admit.... EVERYONE has a breaking point.

Wayne's Customer Service seems to bring this out in a lot of people...

#11 ·
CrazyMatt said:
I see what you're saying there Jaimz... and like I said, I am not taking anyone's side in this... but you have to admit.... EVERYONE has a breaking point.

Wayne's Customer Service seems to bring this out in a lot of people...
I envision Wayne coming on and a skit like the Blues Brothers follows, when they're in the tunnel with Carrie Fisher pointing the shotgun at them....

"It wasn't my fault! Really it wasn't! An old friend came in
out of town! The car ran out of gas! I got a flat tire! I didn't have
enough money for cab fare! The tux didn't come back from the cleaners!
There was an earthquake! A terrible flood! Locusts! IT WASN'T MY
FAULT I SWEAR TO GOD!!!"

[:D]

#12 ·
if we could get the original story from this it would be great. and details, as far as how much? how long? what? why? answers would be nice as well. yea there is screwy business in every car world. its ridiculous.

#13 ·
besthaticouldo said:
if we could get the original story from this it would be great. and details, as far as how much? how long? what? why? answers would be nice as well. yea there is screwy business in every car world. its ridiculous.
Well, I would guess that this all fell about the same time as that oh so pleasant thread about Wayne skipping out/family issues/etc and pissing every one off. So not sure it really matters what details y2k would post, but would be interesting I guess.

#14 ·
tdkaye1 said:
I envision Wayne coming on and a skit like the Blues Brothers follows, when they're in the tunnel with Carrie Fisher pointing the shotgun at them....

"It wasn't my fault! Really it wasn't! An old friend came in
out of town! The car ran out of gas! I got a flat tire! I didn't have
enough money for cab fare! The tux didn't come back from the cleaners!
There was an earthquake! A terrible flood! Locusts! IT WASN'T MY
FAULT I SWEAR TO GOD!!!"

[:D]
[rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl]
[rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl] [rofl]

#15 ·
Well, there is a forum for customer reviews of the vendors. You guys should post there if you're worried about it getting deleted. I'm going to hold off on my opinion of this company, for now. I have an order for tunes in that I ordered exactly one week ago (was told 2 business days turnaround). I'm patient and there was a holiday and I think I remember reading in one of these threads that Wayne was having problems with his kid. I will say that I thought this kind of stuff was going to be taken care of a lot better since Daeron is now a partner in the business, but then he is a full time student also......

#16 ·
Nothing that has been said today/tonight has not been said before. I truly believed in the ideology behind Wayne's products and once famed customer service. I've spoken with Daeron
about the situation too. Believe me this is not a emotion driven post. Word to the wise. Do your homework.
Scott Fulton

#18 ·
i, along with all the others are interested in the details of your transaction. We believe you that you post isnt "emotion driven" but i tend to agree that this post is a bit "unprofessional"?

If you came on here telling us who you were in the FF world (about your car, how long yuve had it, mods, problems, etc) and then tell about how the transaction went, we would be more inclined to take your post seroiusly. This way its not just a rant.

However, i understand your angry, and i would probably do something similar if i was in the same situation.... im just saying.... be a little more "forum-fessional" if that makes sense...lol Give your background, give some details, shit... give waynes eulogy if you want, but WE WANT A STORY!!! thanx!

Brian

#19 ·
Mr. Fulton (y2kc0wb0y), who is not hiding behind his internet anonymity, shares this in his post;

1. Dissatisfied customer
2. Paid for products or services not rendered
3. Received little response from vendor
4. Made numerous attempts to work through problems
5. Went through a bureaucratic hell with his credit card company to cancel purchase

How much more do you need to hear from him?

#20 ·
Typically, I try to lay low. I've read a lot of articles on this forum. I felt I've done my research and knew exactly what I wanted. Flipped the coin. Tom or Wayne's tune. chose Wayne. Started out fine but has ended with zero communication and no product or refund. Therfore, I dug a little deeper. Found some posts and started adding up the facts. Is something completely a miss? Contacted the BBB for this business etc... etc... I certainly will be happy to continue but it is clear to me and starting to become clearer to many what this site is..... Therefore, I think publically calling question to the unreasonable ethics practiced here is smart education for others.
As for me. 03SVTF Euro/Blk

#21 ·
^^ yeh your right, BUT:

(in reguards to alaska's post)
1. we noticed
2. what product? what service? when was this? (i guess how much is optional if its private)
3. after how many attempts? how long did it take to get a response?
4. how many attempts did he actually make? countless? hmmm
5. was this actually necessary? could it have been avoided? maybe not, but we dont know, cause we have no story....

y2k: publically calling question to the unreasonable eithics practiced at waynes website is ABSOLUTLY necessary. But there is a certain way people expected the post to be. Im not saying its wrong or right, just imcomplete maybe?

anyways, im sorry all this mess landed in your lap.....

#24 ·
yeah all the times i heard of someone getting "ripped off" by wayne there was more to the story the person wasn't telling us.

i met wayne in person a couple times he's a really nice guy. i don't see anyreason that he'd put his and his family's livelyhood, which is his business, at stake jsut to screw over one person.

i agree with many of the other people on here. we need details.

#25 ·
Okay, so anyways:

1. What product?
2. When was this ordered and how long was shipping suppose to take?
3. How and when did you try to contact Wayne, or a fellow associate?
4. If you did research, then how did you miss all the bad posts concerning Wayne that weren't deleted?
5. Did you speak with Daeron, Wayne's other half with this company?
6. What did the BBB say about them?

I mean, alittle back ground WOULD help the public view on this. Wayne, regardless of recent ethical and business practices does still have a following. His stuff is suppose to be right on, when it is actually sent/mailed/taken care of. So enlighten us please and we'll feel that much more in the loop of things.

[thumb]

#26 ·
jaimz22 said:
yeah all the times i heard of someone getting "ripped off" by wayne there was more to the story the person wasn't telling us.

i met wayne in person a couple times he's a really nice guy. i don't see anyreason that he'd put his and his family's livelyhood, which is his business, at stake jsut to screw over one person.

i agree with many of the other people on here. we need details.
I Met Wayne in person, when I bought my tune (on I-75). I had a major failure on his tune and could never get a hold of him after that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.