Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Check out the hood i won for $50!

3K views 44 replies 24 participants last post by  mustang2focus82 
#1 ·
Ya $50, plus $189.98 s/h or something like that. But its still worth it IMO.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/e...&item=7947554693&rd=1&sspagename=STRK:MEWN:IT

what do you guys th ink? 3-6 wk delivery on em. Last 3-6 wk delivery item i bought was a bumper for my mustang and i never got it. Its been like 1yr and a half now and i already reported that company to the BBB. Theres nothing they could do to get my money back because INFINITYRACING.COM would not reply.

Do not buy from INFINITYRACING.COM.

#2 ·
Looks nice the hood was $50 but the shipping is $169.98 Ebay cracks me up. LOL Good deal, if it fits.

#10 ·
Yep, got the same one, but I still haven't payed, LOL, I am paying for it the 31st., because I don't get payed till then, damn pay periods! Yes, so then i should be getting it the 2nd week of Feb.
Tell me when you get yours. They were really nice and told me to send the money then and it was cool. So yeah, but still wish us both good luck, I don't think it's a scam, but we still have to wish for the best, specially with these deals. LOL

#18 ·
Yeah, that big ol 6-7 foot wide box will only weigh in like 22 lbs or something. CF is really Light. Especially if it's B-stock where the Hood is made with 1-1.5 Layers of CF. Not multiple layers like VIS.

I say 1.5 because usually you can tell it's one sheet, except the upmost front of the hood may have an extra sheet of CF. For Example of what Im talking about. Once you get your hood installed, in broad daylight lift the hood up and you can usually see light shine past the weaves. In the front/top of the hood, no light shines because of the 2nd layer of CF.

I can post a pic if anyone is confused.

#20 ·
dwdgsi03 said:
It's not the weight that makes the shipping so high. You have to take into account the size and shape of it as well. That hood will take up a lot of space.
exactly. last i checked, the shipping companies tend to go by the weight of it and the size. if it's such an odd shape, as a hood, they can easily get away with charging that much, claiming it was a pain to send and whatnot.

#21 ·
i bought a oem bumper cover from focuscentral...
$11 shipping. Prolly 'cuz im in the same state...

I thought it was because it was so light... but maybe it was because it wasn't boxed or anything. Focus-central is Decent when it comes to buying oem parts.

edit:

i'd also note that those people sending carbon fiber hoods and whatnot generally use a 3rd party feight company. Mine was conway Air or something.
sometimes fed-ex won't ship something of that size and refer you to a different freight company.

They provide excellent support, and when dealers ask for your phone number it's so the deliveryman can use his nextel and call you when he's around the corner. I know because i called like every hour and i could hear the customer-support lady making that "di-doot" sound that nextel's are famous for.

Also, as mentioned before, the seller would have course maybe threw in an extra $45 for additional "Handling" causes...

#23 ·
When I got a carbon fiber hood it shipped through a freight company due to the unusual size of the box..the vis box was huge...easily twice as large as the hood itself and insanely wrapped to ensure it wasn't damaged during shipment. Took me near 15 minutes to get at all the staples etc. Luckily the freight company was great..kept me updated and brought it right into my garage.
One question..does the hood come with the washer nozzle holes predrilled? From the pic it looks like you may have to drill your own...kinda of a pain but it's not too tough if you go slow. Best of luck with it

#26 ·
I hope it's good quality for you. If it is, good deal. [thumb]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.