Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Got alot of time...use Batinc!

2K views 28 replies 16 participants last post by  Chick 
#1 ·
I ordered ST170s from Batinc, I chose them because they offer everything as a kit. No shopping around or trying to figure out part numbers.

I was told they would ship in 2 weeks.

I called back 2 weeks later and was told 1-2 more weeks.

I called back 1 week later and was told they would be in the next day and would ship out right away.

I called 1 week later (today) and was told the lights were in stock but the wire harness's were not, would ship in a day or two.

WTF, All Im getting is lip service. I realize thet when dealing with overseas suppliers, that some delay is not uncommon. Businesses shouldnt make promises they cant keep. Im tired of getting the runaround.

I should have ordered elsewhere.

#3 ·
Ordered a few times from Batinc and never had problems. *shrugs*

#4 ·
You gotta remember though, the "one week" or "two weeks" is what their supplier tells them, so they trust their word and offer the same word to you. Its not their fault. I've dealt with batinc also and never had a problem.

Its hard to get things out as promised when you rely on a service that may not be as good as the one you offer. Things happen...

#5 ·
^^Exactly. They told me when I ordered my suspension that it was on back order for a 2 weeks. I called 2 weeks later and they said it had just arrived the evening before and was going ou the door. I got it two days later. I have purchased numerous thing for the Contour through them too with no problems. It appears that all companies are having issues getting ST170s in and shipping them. Look at Ash and Aaron. They are still waiting for just one of theirs.

#6 ·
Yeah, but mine aren't on the car yet due to shipping problems (broken headlamp) and I didn't order from BATINC.

George, I would wait maybe another week and if I didn't recieve them, I would ask for my money back.

#7 ·
I understand that^^. There have been a number of problems with people who have ordered them and they have not been shipped or people who have ordered them and wound up in your shoes with a damaged one or both. I am extremely patient until I think I am being ripped off and I am willing to stake my life that BAT is not trying to rip anyone off. Patience is the key word. I know it sucks but I have had to wait forever to get my suspension what with the SNAFU with the rip off artists in Ohio, yeah you Scott Sopko! But I have it now and still have to wait to get it on the car.

#9 ·
Well I called again today. More lip service. today I was told that all the parts were in and they would ship timorrow. What the hell are they waiting for? If all the parts are in they should have shipped today.

Again, I understand they rely on other businesses shipping them the parts but this has been going on for over 5 weeks now.

This is the first and last time I will order from BATINC. Caveat Emptor!

#10 ·
sorry to hear. i've actually had a number of good experiences with BAT, though. ordered (2) euro lower grilles from them with no problem. i also just received my brother's GAZ adj. dampers from them about a week SOONER than they initially promised as well.

keep with it. in the least, you could always ask them to ship via a faster method at no cost to you. i'd think they owe you at least that!

Mike

#14 ·
For over 2 weeks they have told me they will ship the "next day or two". Thats no way to run a business. Im glad many of you have had good service from them, but Im not useing them again. Too bad, Im buying brakes and a SVT front end.

I chose them because I want to spend my money in the US, but I expect quality parts and good service. Thier customer service sucks, the girl who answers the phone acts very uninterested in talking to customers.

Remember, when I ordered they promised me they would be shipped within 2 weeks, its been 5+ weeks as of today.

Friday is absolutly the latest I will accept, if I dont have them by 4pm I will cancel my order and reorder from european parts.

#15 · (Edited)
Good luck with E-P!!!!!! There have been some issues with them as well with the lights. With both suppliers haveing issues don't you think it is something other than them? Talk to someone other than the receptionist and see what they can do for the inconvinance. One bad experiance with lights that a lot of ppl are having trouble getting shouldn't deter you from a company. I have never ordered from there but am planning to.

#16 ·
Twofocused said:
Friday is absolutly the latest I will accept, if I dont have them by 4pm I will cancel my order and reorder from european parts.
Good luck there too. Hope your stuff doesn't come broken...........

#17 ·
Twofocused said:
You have waited 5 weeks already why not just wait for them to arrive?? If you cancel now and reorder somewhere else, you are just going to the back of the line and will probably end up waiting another 5-6 weeks. Think about what you are doing before you do it. Otherwise, your next thread title is gonna be, "E-P screwed me over"

#18 ·
guerro, Im not dogging you, but thats my point. Many companies dont give good customer service becaue the consumer doesnt demand it. I will gladly wait before I will accept substandard service from Batinc. I ordered from them because I wanted to buy from a US company and I didnt want to go through what Ashley went through with EPs. Guess what? I paid more and Im still getting crappy service.

Take some good advice folks, and dont accept poor service, it unfortantly is fast becoming the standard in this country.

#20 ·
Twofocused said:
guerro, Im not dogging you, but thats my point. Many companies dont give good customer service becaue the consumer doesnt demand it. I will gladly wait before I will accept substandard service from Batinc. I ordered from them because I wanted to buy from a US company and I didnt want to go through what Ashley went through with EPs. Guess what? I paid more and Im still getting crappy service.

Take some good advice folks, and dont accept poor service, it unfortantly is fast becoming the standard in this country.
No, I wasn't doggin you either. I was just sayin, you already waited this long and if it is like others have said about the parts being limited supply from europe, then you are probably better off just remaining in the queue in the position you are already in, and get them sooner. I understand you don't want to give your money to a company you are unsatisfied with. But, for your own sanity, you may want to just get the ones you have on order then tell BAT to take a flying leap. Either way, good luck.

#21 ·
rfinger said:
Well I dont know WHERE to buy my euro grille i have been wanting now
buy it from www.ebay.co.uk it would be really cheap but since the grille is 2' 6" long shipping costs alot more than it would if the grill was 2' of less in length. i was gonna buy from one guy and he gave me a price of like 35$ us for the grille and shipping would be only 10$ us to me if the grille was less than 2ft in length. but because its longer than 2 ft the total cost is like 110$ for the grille shipped. i might contact the guy and buy a few grilles from him to make the shipping worth it then just resell them here

#22 ·
Well, what you pay is what you get! I can understand BATInc, that they are doing hard on getting parts from Europe. Right now it is hard to get parts for them because the $ went way DOWN so it´s a money issue because the exchange rates changes day by day. I have had issues with the Deutsche Post Premium Service, you pay about 56 EUR for a set of headlights being shipped to the states and no matter how they are packed (and they are packed very good, I have an official statement from the USPS that they are packed good)!, sometimes some badass postman just throws the box around and treats it bad, so that they reach you broken. With using GLS as a shipping service (FedEx will deliver) I have not had even ONE damaged product yet with the same or less packing. Well it does cost about 80 EUR, but that´s how it is. What you pay is what you get. I can´t change it. Funnily, if you choose the Deutsche Post Economy service, it will take 2-4 weeks, but I also never had a problem with headlights on that one. You should also keep in mind that the packages are all insured and if it comes to an insurance claim, I am always here to assist the one with his claim and to get the money back for him.

#23 ·
Sascha, I ordered my grills from you, between me being away from home on business and your vacation it took a month to get them, that was ok, we had conflicting schedules.

I bought from Batinc jsut because it is a US company, and I could talk to them by phone. I finealy got my parts but they gave me the run around for over 6 weeks. Thier customer service is poor, I expect more, so they arent getting anymore of my business.

The problem with dealing with an overseas business is what Ashley is going through. One of the lights you shipped her was broken (not your fault), but its been a couple months and she hasnt gotten a replacement yet.

There must be a way to speed things up.

#24 ·
well

i have dealt with bat for long before i got squirt. what happens sometimes is items get held up in customs, or in some cases there is a backlog at the port. so i too hav experienced delays sometimes. has'nt stopped me from spending many thousands with them. very knowledgable crew.

#25 ·
I've ordered several times from Bat and I think they're great. They have items that nobody else has, here or in Europe. Their brake upgrade kit featured in the latest Focus Fanatics magazine is fantastic.
I can sympathize with your frustration but the above posts about customs delays etc is legitimate and
with the ever increasing currency devaluation (thanx Bush!) getting stuff direct from Europe is getting too expensive. As they say: all good things to those who wait!

#26 ·
By giving the goods to the shipping service it is all out of my hands. If a damage occurs I will assist with the insurance claim, but that it takes 2 or more months to get the actual insurance money is not my fault. Ashle already has a replacement in her hands. You must understand with being a small business, I cannot spend money in advance for sending out back-up parts. You do this 2 or 3 times and you´re probably bankrupt. Still there are insurances and the fact that you finally will get a possible damage reimbursed. I bet it will not work out faster with a continental insurance claim.

Yes thanks to Mr. Bush. As you might see, even Batinc had to dramatically increase their prices...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.