Focus Fanatics Forum banner

FSWerks=bad business

17K views 72 replies 54 participants last post by  felixthecat 
#1 ·
i ordered the stealth exhaust for my Focus Wed. i was told it was in stock. so i did the transaction with my cc. i called today & was told they didn't even have the components to make it. they charged me. so i just got off a 3 way conference call with FS (Dan) & my cc to make sure the payment was stopped. just a heads up all. watch these guys close. that is not how you conduct proper business. so now, just for principle, i'm going with Borla.

#3 ·
they probably don't take that long to make as the pipe is probably just off the shelf stuff, but still that isnt good they told you one thing and didn't live up to it.

#5 ·
I know they recently said they went out of stock, it is possible that you may have ordered when there a few in stock then when went it to a back order status. Now as long as they reversed the order on the cc its all good.

#7 ·
Bad-mouthing a company for ONE mistake is quite unfair in my opinion. If this was something that happened multiple times then yes, you're entitled to warn everyone of a company's bad policy but just once? Please.

I cant see how one mistake(that was rectified, mind you) is fair grounds to accuse a company of bad business. But hey, I actually see this as a sign that the demand for the Stealth exhaust is high enough that it goes out of stock fairly quickly so its a quality product. I cant wait to order mine further down the road!

#10 ·
So you asked them to cancel the charge and they did? Sounds vicious[dunno]

I hope their Facebook post from 50 minutes ago isn't related to this [bawling]

"Just a heads up to everyone here... personal attacks, profanity, spam, and posts in bad taste will get you banned from this page. If you're an internet tough guy, we're sure you can find somewhere else to flex your e-muscles. This page is for easy going people who can appreciate sport compact Fords and related cars."

https://www.facebook.com/fswerks#!/fswerks/posts/10150707464667961

#11 ·
no guys. it WAS NOT a mistake. he told me he had them in stock. that is why i ordered it. then he told me he would email me tracking number the next day (which was yesterday) so i called today to find out what was going on. then they told me the truth. PLUS the took my money. anyway. i ended up getting the Magnaflow through Auto Anything. got $62 off. so i ended up getting it for $540 free shipping no tax.

#12 ·
You seem to be suffering from pain in the posterior..

All companies are subject to Human error, what probably happened is that they thought you wanted the exhaust anyway and took it as a full deposit for when they were back in stock. Then they would have shipped it to you. But i guess since you wanted an exhaust RIGHT NAO you were bothered by it. If there's any fault is them not contacting you sooner about the situation, however they DID rectify it and gave you your money back.

And that they did that shows they're actually a good company.

Hope you enjoy your Magnaflow.

#13 ·
All companies make occasional mistakes. If you think they "lied" to you on purpose you have deeper issues. Or maybe you're just perfect.
Posted via FF Mobile

#14 ·
Also at the time it may have shown in stock if the inventory hadn't been updated. For a company that has been serving this community for over ten years I would still give them my business since they are an upstanding Company Imo

#33 ·
Same here. Sounds like just a fluke. However, if this is your first time ordering from FSWerks, then I can understand the bad first impression. I'm big on first impressions when dealing with a company for the first time. As you can tell from the other posts, FSWerks is very reputable and good to deal with.

#18 ·
id rather not order an exhaust since i know some really awesome shops that can customize them

shop i use is has borla, magnaflow, cherry bombs and borla
they can make the same things as what you get when you order the systems online at about half the cost.

you may want to check around to see if there is a good exhaust shop around you that you can build up some trust and business with... ive been using my shop for 3 vehicles now and have taken numerous friends to him.

ill post pics when i get mine setup, i think i will personally go with magnaflow or cherry bombs....

#19 ·
I order the FSWerks CAI last night. I got an email today mentioning they do not have the CAI in stock, and that it will probablyh ship next Friday, they also asked if I wanted to pay now or wait a week. I thought it was very professional.

#21 ·
Meh, the magnaflow sounds like junk from their video sound clips on their site.

You had one bad experience. Great experiences from EVERYONE else I have talked to including myself. If you didn't have the $ on hand and couldn't wait a few days then you shouldn't have ordered. If they were in stock you could have just called and asked when it's going to be available and to try to negotiate free shipping or something for your troubles.

#22 ·
Well, I'm glad to hear FSWerks is willing to rectify mistakes quickly and professionally, and clearly they respond to communications quickly as well. Sounds like the kind of guys I would like to do business with. I think they will be on the top of my list when it comes time to get my exhaust system.

#23 ·
If the OP claims he had a bad experience, I believe he had a bad experience. Why does everyone want to invent some scenario that assumes he's overreacting. I'd like to read about other people's personal experiences, not a bunch of posts of people hating on someone. Congrats on the Borla!

#28 ·
It's not that we don't believe he had a bad experience. It's the way he handled and is claiming they blatantly lied to him that's the problem. I wouldn't be surprised if FSWerks post about ethuggery did pertain to the OP.

Posted via FF Mobile

#24 ·
It's unfortunate that the OP had a bad experience. "Mistakes happen" is an easy thing to say, but it sucks when you are the mistake on their behalf. I have had it happen and it is frustrating. Personally I have had only good experiences with FS Werks, and it is easy for a customer like me to say that is was probably a freak isolated experience. I have never had problems with their products or customer service for that matter. Enjoy the magnaflow though

#25 · (Edited)
I had a bad experience too. It involved out of stock items and a general lack of proactive communication.
In the end it worked out, but I think i had to do all the leg work

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.