Focus Fanatics Forum banner

European Parts Question

2K views 13 replies 8 participants last post by  S2 
#1 ·
Since it is ok to talk about this site here, I have a question for those of you that have bought from them. I am correct in the understanding that sometimes it takes a while for the parts to arrive, due to the fact that it is getting from overseas? Mainly, I am thinking of getting a 2002 rear bumper to replace my damaged stocker. I know that the bumpers get shipped to an international airport, but my main concern is as follows. How do you know when the item arrives? Do you get some sort of tracking number, or delivery verification, or does the airport call you, or do you just hae to keep calling the airport to see if they have it? Also, which part of the airport would you have to go to to pick it up once it arrives? I would just like to get as much information as possible before I make a final decision on where to spend my money. Thanks.

#5 ·
I have ordered with them. To my surprise, it only took 1 week to get to my house.

Unforunatly, I have been having some problems with the item that was shipped and have been waiting on a replacement part since August.[:(]

#7 ·
I've ordered a few times from Sascha. The air frieght is very quick, usually within a week of ordering. Sascha gives you the tracking number, usually it's with Continental, and you can easily track it's progress to your airport. The airlines frieght locations are on the edges of the airport, usually near
long term parking. You have to pick up the paperwork 1st and then go to US Customs which will have
an office very near the frieght terminals. Be prepared to listen to the customs agent ask you why you are buying Ford parts from Europe. He/She will listen to the story that Ford has a European division that has different parts blah blah blah. He/She will then stamp your papers and you're on your way.
Back to the frieght counter, hand them your stamped paperwork that they gave you earlier and pick up your parts. Remember that you can get some of the same parts from BAT Inc in FL as well as some others. With current exchange rates it may pay to shop US although Sascha has parts that are otherwise unavailable here. I personally would not do anything large (bumpers etc) on Ebay as the shipping hassle (getting the part TO the frieght carrier) seems to be more than many sellers are willing to deal with efficiently. European-Parts.net isn't perfect, but in my 5 seperate orders with them I've never had a big problem. Good luck!

#8 ·
also, bring some $, about $20. the airlines charge document fees that are payable by the receiver.
i've done all the ext euro mods, frt & rear bumper, lights frt rear & side. the frt bumper mod is more than shaving the rebar, it requires removing & modifying some of the frnt plastec splash gaurds etc.
nothing serious but more involved than at least i expected. the end results though are totally worth it, particularly the rear euro bumper which will give your car the ass you always knew it could have.[;)]

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.