Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Jays racing HFC....junk

3K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  Missourileo 
#1 ·
I bought a Jays racing HFC a year ago and set it on a shelf. Never used it, then I sold it to FocusOnU2 when he needed it bad. It lasted about 6 months, then the catalyst fell out. No biggie, until we pulled it off to look at it. There are cracks all around the O2 bung, flange and s-pipe.........No response from Jays racing.
[mad]

#5 ·
I have an ORP that I got from Dominic and I love it. Have no idea why I bought the HFC, must have been a group buy.

#8 ·
This is the first bad thing I've heard reguarding Jays Racing....

maybe just a fluke???

#9 ·
i was one if not the first to get the HFC
(im the reason they made them)

i had a weld crack but no big deal welded it back up
as for the cat part that has nothing to do
with jay they just used some aftermarket cats ..

#10 ·
Well this was more than just a cracked weld. Not only did the weld crack but the pipe was cracked in about 6 other spots. I don't see how it was staying together. It would have been cheaper to replace the section of pipe than to weld up all the cracks.
It's just disappointing to pay $230 for a HFC and it turn into a POS in less than 6 months!!!!!!!!!

#13 ·
Agreed, this is the first time I have heard anything bad about Jay Racing's HFC. There are more than several people on here who are quite happy with them. Perhaps the one you got was just the one bad one of the batch. But that is all it takes is one bad lemon to spoil the whole crop.

#15 ·
^^^^ I'm glad you mentioned that. I never knew that............What I am saying is that the HFC has more welds than an ORP, therefore it will break easier. I'm posting pics tonight. BTW, Demented, do you have any pics of that 58'? Love to see that!!!!

#19 ·
My friend Josh, Army19ksvt on here, had the same thing happen with his Jay Racing HFC. He noticed his car got a lil louder over time. So when we took off his manifold, we checked the HFC and noticed there was not catalyst left. But he was gonna hollow it out anyway with the turbo build and wasn't worried about a refund or anything. But just wanted to share that i've seen the same thing your talking about happen before.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.