Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Blue02SVT's bad buisness

2K views 14 replies 5 participants last post by  ffwturbo 
#1 · (Edited)
I bought and SCT EXCALL 2 form Blue02SVT some weeks ago. I finally got around to install the tunes and the tuner tells me that its the wrong vehicle and I can't do anything with it. I went back to the post in wich Blue02SVT described the item and it clearly stated the it was unlocked compatible with RLA1 and RLA2 and ready for use and that it had three tunes. The tunes say HIA RLA1 so the should work since I have a RLA1 ECU. No mention of needing to be sent to SCT or anything. I have been trying to contact him to try to come to a resolution but he has not answered back and even deleted his post. I will be making a claim thru paypal if he does not answer within the next couple of days. Will keep this updated as action are taken. [smackbum]

#2 ·
Give him a chance to reply back to ya.
Always get there Address and PH when you buying, trading, selling
He should of had all the Tune code on the post so everyone knew what they were buying.
You should brought a new 1.
Good luck with paypal, there hopeless like tits on a bull...lol !

#3 ·
Im am giving him the chance to respond. I has been three days and no answer yet. Thats the thing. He did provide all the info that indicated that the device was totally functional and that it would work on my car. Paypal has been very good with my claims, so I expect to get to some resolution. Thanks for the input.

#4 ·
I feel your pain. I went through this same exact situation late last year. The original seller would not return my emails and PMs but when he was caught in the midst of a lie, all of a sudden the mods over at FJ went back and cleaned up his original for sale thread so I couldn't revisit the thread for reference. That's what they thought at the time....

...little did they know, I was smart enough to save a screen imprint to my clipboard on my pic with the original info when I first bought the stuff.

End result, I never got my money back and by then I was so sick of looking at my locked xcal, I just gave it to a friend who paid to have it unlocked and had a tune burned for his car.

#5 ·
that's still bs though...^^^ it just makes so many people weary about purchasing anything from anyone and a high majority of people on this site are not in it to scam people

#6 ·
I have been buying stuff here and on Ebay and have had very good buying experiences. But stuff like this just kills it all. I will eventually get the unit retuned by SCT since there are like 45 min from my house. My point is that this site is here to help out and meet new people, why risk your reputation and whats worse get banned over money you can earn honestly. FF has been very good to me. Just be aware of this guy and others out there.

#8 ·
^^^ Agreed. But as an update, comming to find out Blue02SVT used his "friends" paypal account to make the transaction. His "friend" contacted me saying that Blue02SVT has been very buisy and that he has not been on FF because he sold his Focus. My response: Tell your "friend" that I am working with SCT in trying to find the problem. If there is a fee I will be willing to accept 50% of the re tune fee and call it a day, if not your pay pal will be getting a claim for selling something not as described. His "friend" wants me to call Blue02SVT, but I will keep everything through emails to keep a history.

#9 ·
I was just contacted by Blue02SVT yesturday. I am working with SCT in trying to resolve the problem. If Blue02SVT and I can come to a resolution I will get this deleted. till then I will keep updating this post.

#10 ·
Jus was contacted by SCT and the tuner can be remanufactured but it will erase the current tunes in the unit. 80% of the reason I bought was for the 75 shot tune the Excall already had in it. This means I will be spending 150 for the reman, 150 for the new tune plus the 150 I paid for the Excall 2 (used). I PMed Blue02SVT for a refund today with the explanation of what I found out. Will keep this updated as changes come up.

#12 ·
^^^ Thanks Drk, we did agree on going half way on the reman fee and call it a day. I still have not recieved the money but we are in contact. If there is anyone that knows who can do a remote tune for the SCT with a price quote, I will apreciate it he info.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.