first ricer encounter with svt (not too happy) - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus SVT > SVT Performance (2002-2004)

SVT Performance (2002-2004) The place to chat about any 2.0L SVT DOHC Zetec engine performance, tuning and exhaust related upgrades.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-25-2004, 10:41 AM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 2712
What I Drive: 03 Infra Red SVT focus

FF Reputation: 1 stangman50 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
first ricer encounter with svt (not too happy)

I bought my svtf in jan of this yr and i love it, it is my daily driver, and i have a 500hp mustang for play time, but anyway, the other day i was leaving the tint place for the 3rd time cuse they cant get my back window right, i see a acura integra with some nice rims 17's or 18 not too sure big wing, tach stuffed in the corner of the dash and the sideways hat, and he had some exhaust , so any way i pull out onto the road which is 2 lanes each way and i had it in 1st and waited for hime to pull along side me , so he finally does ans i gas it and pull hime like a fender and a door, and hit 2nd then had to stop for a red light, he downshifts a puff of smoke comes out he blows through the redlight and gets caught at the next red light 40 ft in front of me and then when the light changed we went on the highway there was alot of traffic and there was like a 20 car legnth opening, he pulled to the passing lane and slows down i pull up and look over at him he smiles and i signal him lets go so i was in 3rd at about 5000 rpms and we both floored it and until i caught up to the next car and had to put on my brakes we were sise by side he didnt pull me and i didnt pull him, and of corse he was in the passing lane with no cars in front he gives me the hazzard light wich made me more heated. my car is completly stock now i will be putting on the focus central orp and throtle body and the steeda intake but that all, i know its no race car but i thought it would be fast enough to pull the acura, but im not real sure what he had in it either, i know there are blowers and turbos but i want to just make mine a little better than stock, cuse its my daily driver... sorry so long i had to get it out, what do u think i could to my car to make it better...?????????? thanks

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2004, 10:55 AM   #2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 3717
What I Drive: '03 Liquid Grey ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 geneius Good Standing Member
Wow. I was looking at buying a SVT, makes me want to reconsider. I'm going to follow this thread.
Old 03-25-2004, 11:01 AM   #3
Focus Addict

Fan#: 507
FF Reputation: 1 Dave Good Standing Member
A whole lot of factors can attribute to the outcome, as your dring skills, as driving a low power FWD is alot different than a high power RWD, also depending what kind of integra it was, also what mods it had done and what not. Those honda/acura's can be very quick with just a simple swap.
Old 03-25-2004, 11:02 AM   #4
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 2059
What I Drive: SVT Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Seb656 Good Standing Member
If it was an Integra it could have been souped up (most likely) or just a badass. I know a girl around here that has an Integra Type R its a mean car and fast then the focus you never know what he might have had remember looks can be deciving there is a guy in my neighborhood with this old POS 240sx with a CF hood it looks crappy but he has a Skyline Engine in it

There are some bolt ons you can get and they will give you a small difference. A quaife differential helps put more power to the ground its expensive (1k) plus more for installation that the best thing you can get for a difference in performance without FI you could always just get a 50 shot of NAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWZZZZZZZZ

"Nitrous is like a hot chick with STDs... You wanna hit it, but you‘re afraid of the consequences."

My SVT Focus is #677 of 3985
Old 03-25-2004, 11:09 AM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 2712
What I Drive: 03 Infra Red SVT focus

FF Reputation: 1 stangman50 Good Standing Member
as far as driving skills, it wasnt that hard we were doing about 65-75 i put it in 3rd the tach was at 5000 or so i floored it and shifted at 7000 and had to slow down i couldnt have messed it up that bad, im not sure what he had done to it though, i messed around on the highway with me in my svt and my g/f in her 03 pezv and i had no problem pulling on her good, there is a kid in the area with a blue eclipse he is quite frendly, i raped him last yr on the highway with the stang, im gonna see if he wants to play to see what happens, like i said i dont want a power adder,i have a 150 shot of nx in my stang, i dont want to go that route with the focus. if it were a stock integra would i have been able to pull him?? i just want to make my car a litle nicer and quicker, other than that i love it.. thanks for the replys keep em comming. later
Old 03-25-2004, 11:14 AM   #6
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 745
What I Drive: '03 hatch

FF Reputation: 1 Infra3sv Good Standing Member
It may have been a GSR with mods. An SVT spanker easily. Gotta love Honda.
Old 03-25-2004, 11:17 AM   #7
Focus Addict

Fan#: 507
FF Reputation: 1 Dave Good Standing Member
A GSR with mods should pull from a stcok SVT, not to bad, but it would, a boostes LS would kill a SVT, and a type r, also would pull from SVT. With just the basics, intake, UDP, ORP you should pull from that particular one no problem, I believe those offer best gains.
Old 03-25-2004, 11:38 AM   #8

Fan#: 61
FF Reputation: 4 SVT4ME Good Standing Member
Quote:
Originally posted by geneius
Wow. I was looking at buying a SVT, makes me want to reconsider. I'm going to follow this thread.
Just because of that?? Well, I guess if you were thinking of buying an SVT because you thought it was an ultimate street racer, then you would want to reconsider. It is not. It is however an excellent car, I'm certainly happy with mine.
Old 03-25-2004, 11:40 AM   #9
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 4136
What I Drive: Chris=96 Civic Hatch

FF Reputation: 4 CivicHatch+SVT-F Good Standing Member
my friend has a GSR and when it was stock he ran a 15.3. Since then he just added intake, exhaust, and a vtec controller and is hitting 15.1 with a shitty 60 ft. That Integra was probably stock. Another GSR around here has just a skunk2 intake mani and something else that he wont tell us and he's hitting a 14.6.

Ek hatch
- JDM b16 (SiRII) swap, Kaaz 1.5 way LSD, Evo2 exhaust, shorty intake, hi-flow cat, B&M 2-bend shifter, gutted, lightweight bucket CF seats, weighs in @ 2250lbs
Old 03-25-2004, 11:41 AM   #10
Focus Addict

Fan#: 3653
What I Drive: 2004 Screaming Yellow EURO SVT ZX5

FF Reputation: 2 ~04~SVT~ Good Standing Member
I just hate honda's period, could care less if its faster than me...it's still a Honda
#387/1079 Born on December 10th
Screamin Demon / Livewires / 2002 Euro Grille
Metallic Tinted windows / EuroStar LED tails
Steeda tri-ax/f STS / Saleen Shift Knob

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.