Focus Fanatics Forum banner

How much did you pay for your SVTF ?

474K views 887 replies 622 participants last post by  felixthecat 
#1 · (Edited)
Ok their are people on here selling their cars people on here looking to buy cars lets find out how much current owners paid for their SVT. me first

2003 comp orange euro
32,126 mi.(at time of purchase)
asking $13,900
paid $10,800
purchased 03/06
after 2k down $8,800 +tx,t,&l

Reactions: Joshuasvt
#653 ·
That's if someone did it lol. The cost of parts is low; its the labor and sometimes the cam phaser doesnt reset and you have to retime it a few times. But at the cost of losing valves and needing a new head if a "good" belt snaps....think its worth the $400-500 to get it done when you only spent 900 on the car. Know what I mean?

Unless there is something that says that belt is new, or a local FORD Dealer can see if their is any history of service on the vin thats showing a service of timing belt....id recommend being safe than sorry.

#655 ·
In 2005 I bought an 2003 SVTF, 6900 mi., CD silver, 5-door for $17,500 from Jenkins Ford in Buckhannon, WV I drove it until it had 70k+ miles then traded it. I had a Steeda Tri-ax and short ram intake on it. Overall a great car. Never had one single engine problem, but the Audiophile stereo was a piece of crap, the seat heaters went out at 10k, and it needed a suspension part at one point. In hindsight I can't complain, as I drove the living bejeezus out of that car and enjoyed every mile of it.

#661 ·
bought mine last july 4th,
154K at the time, now 162K.
3 door,
Black
all options, came stock, now modded out some
$$$$3,400
my first car, not too shabby, it still pulls very strong, haven't had a problem with it.
will be getting new doors, the doors are the only thing rusting on the outer body, underneath has some.
then will be getting it painted and all looking fresh by the end of summer.
may have to do a clutch job in the next year or 2 however

#665 ·
A lot of you guys got great deals! I thought I got a good deal but now I think I might have overpaid by around $1k.

2003 Screaming Yellow EAP
Exterior and interior in Good-Very Good condition. Everything is operational. A few small mods (drop-in filter, exhaust, short shifter, front strut tower brace, tune)
Paid asking price of $5950

Needed rear brakes (did rotors+pads for all 4 corners for $150), a number of rock chips touched up (getting a Dr Color Chip kit for $40), horrid aftermarket tail lights replaced (got used stock ones for $65), oil change and new MTX fluid (~$60), welded in a glasspack to quiet the LOUD exhaust ($45), and still needs a new timing belt (will run about $500 for TB+WP+fluids).

#673 ·
2003 pitch black focus with 80000 miles for $6800 but came with a set of 18s with new tire and a set of stock 17s with new tires and also was lowered and had a full magna flow exhaust and k&n/steeda intake........but 1 and a half late it was $975 to have a new clutch put in so i guess we paid $7800

#674 ·
Focus st 170 ,2004 model bought in 2008 with 95000km for 95. 000 Rands , current exchange rate is +- 9 Rands to 1 USD , damn our car prices are crazy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.